What's new

My New Ghost Mantises!

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here are my new ghost mantises! I am fairly new to the insect keeping hobby and only have one other mantis. I ordered 5 ghost mantis, all of which are in their third instar, and the person I got them from gave me 6 instead. They’re very tiny and delicate, but seem to be doing well as they have ate some fruit flies. Has anyone ever kept this species before?

Attachments

Barry Tetra

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I’ve never kept this species, but I’ve kept dead leaf mantis.

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here are my new ghost mantises! I am fairly new to the insect keeping hobby and only have one other mantis. I ordered 5 ghost mantis, all of which are in their third instar, and the person I got them from gave me 6 instead. They’re very tiny and delicate, but seem to be doing well as they have ate some fruit flies. Has anyone ever kept this species before?
Those little guys are so cute! I've only seen one other person keep mantises (youtuber) and that one was cute too. How big do you think they get?

Barry Tetra

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Those little guys are so cute! I've only seen one other person keep mantises (youtuber) and that one was cute too. How big do you think they get?
About 3 cm long I think, they are really small.

OP
JxsPxxle

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
These are great, can you keep them all in the same tank? They won't eat each other?
These are a species which can live communal without the risk of eating each other, but for now i’m keeping them separate until they get older.

OP
JxsPxxle

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
About 3 cm long I think, they are really small.
Yeah, there are some tiny mantis which will only get to 3cm but I believe ghost mantis can grow to 5cm, with males being slightly smaller and my other mantis, which is a giant asian mantis can actually grow to 9cm which is huge!!!

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have seen some nice ones while hiking around in Florida, had one crawl up my arm while I was filming with my mini cam. I thought about keeping him as a pet.