my new bettas!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hello! i got 3 new female betas today :) assorted, a crowntail, a pink marble, and one i don't know? (its all black with a navy blue stripe on its side) anyway, they are going to perminetly live in a 10 gallon, but i will move them to a 47 gallon (i mentiond the 47 gallon a few times) they have a pinguin 150 filter, (safe) drift wood, live plants, pvc pipe hides, beta beads, sand, gravel, skull hides, rocks (i did sand down everything, don't worry!) pellet food, flake food, bloodworms, and filtered water, of couse. i will try to share pics when i put them in the tank in a few days :)

hello! i got 3 new female betas today :) assorted, a crowntail, a pink marble, and one i don't know? (its all black with a navy blue stripe on its side) anyway, they are going to perminetly live in a 10 gallon, but i will move them to a 47 gallon (i mentiond the 47 gallon a few times) they have a pinguin 150 filter, (safe) drift wood, live plants, pvc pipe hides, beta beads, sand, gravel, skull hides, rocks (i did sand down everything, don't worry!) pellet food, flake food, bloodworms, and filtered water, of couse. i will try to share pics when i put them in the tank in a few days :)
watch out for aggression, since 10 gallons might be a little small, and they might fight? I hope they do not fight, and if they do, sort it out later! best of wishes!

That’s to many Bettas for a 10g tank. According to my knowledge, you need at least a 20g long for a trio of Bettas.

That’s to many Bettas for a 10g tank. According to my knowledge, you need at least a 20g long for a trio of Bettas.
I think they said they will be going in the 47 gallon?

Thats very exciting about the bettas! I hope it works out for you.

hello! i got 3 new female betas today :) assorted, a crowntail, a pink marble, and one i don't know?
Did you get three or four? You said three, but listed four haha. They sound gorgeous! I can’t wait to see pictures!
they are going to perminetly live in a 10 gallon, but i will move them to a 47 gallon
So they will be going into the 47? Or permanently staying in the 10? I think you may have meant to say “aren’t“ but said “are”
they have a pinguin 150 filter, (safe) drift wood, live plants, pvc pipe hides, beta beads, sand, gravel, skull hides, rocks (i did sand down everything, don't worry!) pellet food, flake food, bloodworms, and filtered water, of couse.
Sounds lovely! That’s so exciting! I would just advise not to feed too many bloodworms, I have heard they are are the equivalent of fast food for humans and not healthy in large amounts, but perfectly fine as an occasional treat.
i will try to share pics when i put them in the tank in a few days :)
Ah why a few days? If they will be in the little cups they come in (I assume you got them from Petco?) you just want to be really careful about getting them fresh water daily, as long as they are in the cups or the ammonia will build up very quickly in such a small amount of water.

If they really will be going into 47 gallons, I would get more like 7 bettas, to help distribute the aggression and have a greater chance of having a successful sorority! You could even add some fun colored shrimp and different nerite snails if you wanted!

My guess would be it is a more like “specialty tank shape” like a bow front or hex. But who knows! It sounds like a nice size
it sounds cool to have an unusual tank size lol
"hey look i have a 47gallon!!! " "wow thats cool, never heard of that!"
"hey i have a 50 gallon!" "ok nice"

Did you get three or four? You said three, but listed four haha. They sound gorgeous! I can’t wait to see pictures!

So they will be going into the 47? Or permanently staying in the 10? I think you may have meant to say “aren’t“ but said “are”

Sounds lovely! That’s so exciting! I would just advise not to feed too many bloodworms, I have heard they are are the equivalent of fast food for humans and not healthy in large amounts, but perfectly fine as an occasional treat.

Ah why a few days? If they will be in the little cups they come in (I assume you got them from Petco?) you just want to be really careful about getting them fresh water daily, as long as they are in the cups or the ammonia will build up very quickly in such a small amount of water.

If they really will be going into 47 gallons, I would get more like 7 bettas, to help distribute the aggression and have a greater chance of having a successful sorority! You could even add some fun colored shrimp and different nerite snails if you wanted!
they labled them as assorted, but they looked more like a crown tail and marble lol.

yep it did mean to say aren't, they are gonna go in the 47 gallon, but i have no living space big enough other than the 10 and 47 gallon. i will use the 10 gallon for eathier a hospital tank or glofish my little brother wants.

the bloodworms... i am not a morning person a wake up around 8:30, 9:00ish, so someone in my family feeds the fish, but, this moring i woke up, and found 4 uneaten bloodworms in their cups:no:

i'll try to get seven, my dad would blow through the roof if i brought home 4 new bettas

they labled them as assorted, but they looked more like a crown tail and marble lol.
Ah ok. I get it now! They sound absolutely lovely!
yep it did mean to say aren't, they are gonna go in the 47 gallon, but i have no living space big enough other than the 10 and 47 gallon. i will use the 10 gallon for eathier a hospital tank or glofish my little brother wants.
That is what I figured! Aw sounds like a fun idea. Did you know they sell Glo Bettas?
the bloodworms... i am not a morning person a wake up around 8:30, 9:00ish, so someone in my family feeds the fish
That is ok! (I woke up at 10 today :crazy:) The fish will get on your "schedule" so if you wake up at 9 most days and turn on their lights and feed them, that will be what is normal to them. I think that consistency is more important the timing. I feed my fish like an hour before I go to bed, because my bedtime is more consistent (I go to bed at 10 most nights) than the time I wake up in the morning (I usually wake up anywhere between 6 and 10) So in the future, if you wanted to, you could feed your own fish!:D
found 4 uneaten bloodworms in their cups:no:
That is alright! I would just do a water change on their little cups, to be on the safe side, and make sure the bloodworms don't stay in the cups. You can soak the bloodworms before feeding them, I think soaking them before feeding has a lot of benefits
i'll try to get seven, my dad would blow through the roof if i brought home 4 new bettas
You could talk to him about it before you buy them? Maybe if he understood why you need so many and that all of them would be much happier, and that you respect him enough to talk about it first and value his opinion, maybe he will be ok with it? You could offer to pay for them yourself too if you wanted a better chance. Were they from Petco? They were assorted right? If so, they should only have been about $4 each?

the bloodworms... i am not a morning person a wake up around 8:30, 9:00ish, so someone in my family feeds the fish, but, this moring i woke up, and found 4 uneaten bloodworms in their cups:no:

assorted includes EVERY PATTERN
when i got the assorted guppies i got: black moscow(idk), some mosaic fancy, yellow tuxedo
they were females, most pet stores that have a tank full of female bettas are assorted or are sisters, from the same brood

Ah ok. I get it now! They sound absolutely lovely!

That is what I figured! Aw sounds like a fun idea. Did you know they sell Glo Bettas?

That is ok! (I woke up at 10 today :crazy:) The fish will get on your "schedule" so if you wake up at 9 most days and turn on their lights and feed them, that will be what is normal to them. I think that consistency is more important the timing. I feed my fish like an hour before I go to bed, because my bedtime is more consistent (I go to bed at 10 most nights) than the time I wake up in the morning (I usually wake up anywhere between 6 and 10) So in the future, if you wanted to, you could feed your own fish!:D

That is alright! I would just do a water change on their little cups, to be on the safe side, and make sure the bloodworms don't stay in the cups. You can soak the bloodworms before feeding them, I think soaking them before feeding has a lot of benefits

You could talk to him about it before you buy them? Maybe if he understood why you need so many and that all of them would be much happier, and that you respect him enough to talk about it first and value his opinion, maybe he will be ok with it? You could offer to pay for them yourself too if you wanted a better chance. Were they from Petco? They were assorted right? If so, they should only have be
i do know they sell globetta! i was gonna get some, but the bettas are my brothers and i fish, and he did not want the globetta, they had no led light above them, so they looked all sad and gloomy, my little brother might want one though :)

soaking the blood worms sounds like a good idea, i thought the black one was choking on one yesterday lol

i'll try to talk him into it, it took a year each to let me get hamsters and birds :shifty: they were only $4 each, but i pay for my pets alot, there was one time i could not afford food and bedding, so my mom paid for it /: i do just wanna say, i don't get pets from any pet store any more inless its petcos adoption, i do get fish there, only because i have no were else to get them.

i do know they sell globetta! i was gonna get some, but the bettas are my brothers and i fish, and he did not want the globetta, they had no led light above them, so they looked all sad and gloomy, my little brother might want one though :)

soaking the blood worms sounds like a good idea, i thought the black one was choking on one yesterday lol

i'll try to talk him into it, it took a year each to let me get hamsters and birds :shifty: they were only $4 each, but i pay for my pets alot, there was one time i could not afford food and bedding, so my mom paid for it /: i do just wanna say, i don't get pets from any pet store any more inless its petcos adoption, i do get fish there, only because i have no were else to get them.
haha, in my opinion normal bettas look better

they were only $4 each, but i pay for my pets alot, there was one time i could not afford food and bedding, so my mom paid for it /: i do just wanna say, i don't get pets from any pet store any more inless its petcos adoption, i do get fish there, only because i have no were else to get them.
That is what I figured! Yes, I pay for my small pets too, like my fish, my hamster, and my parakeet, but my parents pay for my dog and my cat, and if I do not have the money they pay and let me pay them back when I have the money. I have always loved the idea of adopting/rescue. My hamster was a rescue, and very unexpected, if you have any advice for hamsters I would love to hear! My brother had stopped at a gas station with some of his friends, to get some snacks for a sleepover, and a girl stopped and asked my brother if he wanted a hamster, so he said “uhhh sure” and she handed him this itty bitty hamster ball, but it was the size for a mouse so it was very small, and half full of bedding and there was so much poop it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in weeks, and the poor hamster had been being fed cheese crackers! So we met my brother at his friends house and brought the hamster home, luckily we had JUST left our LPS and they didn’t close for 5 more minutes so we bought a small cage and food. The poor hamster was so skinny! He is nice and chubby now, but he still has some bald spots and his teeth are a bit long. If you have any advice, I would be glad to hear it! I have never owned a hamster before, so am currently trying to figure out the best setup for him

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back