my little eel

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

grayRavenn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi! I have an incredibly lovely black ghost fish in my 40gallon breeder. he or she is a lovely fish, but I have read where people have been able to get them to eat out of their hands and really interact with them. I would love to try this with morrey...that's his name. has any one been able to do this!

Most fish will tame down in an aquarium and take food from your hand. It just takes time and patience. Hold a little bit of its favorite food in the water near the bottom and let the fish investigate. Over a few weeks the fish should learn to come to your fingers for food. Just make sure your hands and arms are clean and free of perfumes, oils, grease, soap (including anti-bacterial soaps), and anything else that might contaminate the water and poison the fish.

hi! I have an incredibly lovely black ghost fish in my 40gallon breeder. he or she is a lovely fish, but I have read where people have been able to get them to eat out of their hands and really interact with them. I would love to try this with morrey...that's his name. has any one been able to do this!
Morrey Eel? I thought I had the market cornered on corny. I was wrong.:blink:

Morrey Eel? I thought I had the market cornered on corny. I was wrong.:blink:
sorry, I get my sense of humor (?) from my dad:)besides that, running out of names. he has a ceramic log with 3 openings that he lives in and he pops his head in and out of them looking like a moray eel...hence the name.

AWWWW that is my dream to be able to interact with my fish but i have had no success and it is not good for hands to be in aquariums or touching fish so maybe with gloves but keep feeding it and you will probably eventually be able to feed it out of your hand. I have been able to train my fish to come up to the surface to eat what I did was i would wiggle my fingers when i put food in. After a while they knew when i wiggled my fingers it meant food it was cool.

AWWWW that is my dream to be able to interact with my fish but i have had no success and it is not good for hands to be in aquariums or touching fish so maybe with gloves but keep feeding it and you will probably eventually be able to feed it out of your hand. I have been able to train my fish to come up to the surface to eat what I did was i would wiggle my fingers when i put food in. After a while they knew when i wiggled my fingers it meant food it was cool.

my individual bettas will do that, but not the ones in the big tanks. my angels will do that but they would probably try and fly if it meant food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back