My Lfs That Caused Me To Do A Fish-in Cycle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

I swapped there and then. Im currently acclimating the new fish...

This is the only part that I find confusing... if your other mollys had nitrite poisoning, means there was nitrite in the water? So why would you "swap then and there".... if it were me, I'd return them, make sure my cycle was finished, then buy new ones, not "swap"....

A piece of mature media doesn't really instantly cycle the tank either.... are you sure it's cycled?
 
He said his cycle has finished Chrissi so whats confusing? If you read through the thread again you will see that, although not all in one post Geoff has explained he got caught in a fish in cycle, had been fish in cycling for a couple of months, got his levels down and found the mollie to have symptoms of nitrite poisoning!
 
Why was this bumped?

The tanks fishless cycling... Im not even going to bother replying.

I thought the tank was now cycled?

Yeah it was done pretty much, but decided to rehome the fish and fishless cycle so i could add all the stock without fear of mini cycles.

So im just waiting until i can process 5ppm of ammonia, then ill stock up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back
Top