My Lfs That Caused Me To Do A Fish-in Cycle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff1991

AKA "Sparky"
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wolverhampton, UK
Im now impressed with them.

Today i noticed my mollys were hanging by the filter looking rather unwell...

After panicking and asking for help on here, i didnt get an answer soon enough (no-ones fault, its a forum... people have lives)

So i bagged them up and took them to the LFS i got them from. Explained and the manager came out and confirmed that they had nitrite poisoning.

He then said i should've done a fishless cycle.

After id explained it was his staff that caused me to do a fish-in cycle he said he knew and he was training them as we speak.

He gave me two options, try to treat them myself. Or put them in his quarantine tank and swap for healthy mollys.

As im new, i chose the swap...

I was quite pleased at the service. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was just expecting to be given advise and fobbed off...
 
the manager ... said i should've done a fishless cycle.

After id explained it was his staff that caused me to do a fish-in cycle he said he knew and he was training them as we speak.

As im new, i chose the swap...

I was quite pleased at the service. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was just expecting to be given advise and fobbed off...

Im now impressed with them.
So do you intend to just keep going back there every couple of days swapping fish?
 
You missed the point. They told you exactly what was wrong with the fish and how to prevent it. You decided against it even though you complained about getting bad advise initially. Which makes your complaint about bad advise seem pointless if you were going to ignore the advise regardless.

On top of that, the manager said he was training his staff to advise customers to do fishless cycles. He then offers to swap your fish.

It's a contradiction inside a contradiction.
 
After id explained it was his staff that caused me to do a fish-in cycle he said he knew and he was training them as we speak.

Sorry maybe being a bit dense here but how did the staff cause you to do a fish-in cycle ...You knew your tank was not a cycled tank yet you bought fish and put them in ....If you knew about fishless cycling then why purchase the fish ?
 
I need to explain better. Basically i didnt know a lot when i bought the fish. Didnt know about fish in or fishless cycling. This was like 2 months ago and ive been learning ever since. My tank is now fully cycled after getting mature filter media.
 
I did indeed. I didnt have a choice really. I couldnt catch them other wise...

I did a 50% water change

And i haven't added them yet. Im still floating them pouring small amount of water in ever 15 minutes.

Edit:

My water stats this morning were

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
pH 7.6

But the damage had already been done
 
I did indeed. I didnt have a choice really. I couldnt catch them other wise...

I did a 50% water change

And i haven't added them yet. Im still floating them pouring small amount of water in ever 15 minutes.

Edit:

My water stats this morning were

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
pH 7.6

But the damage had already been done

good work mate :)
 
I did indeed. I didnt have a choice really. I couldnt catch them other wise...

I did a 50% water change

And i haven't added them yet. Im still floating them pouring small amount of water in ever 15 minutes.

Edit:

My water stats this morning were

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
pH 7.6

But the damage had already been done

good work mate :)

Its all stuff ive learned on this forum.
 
Give the guy a break. He learnt by his mistakes.
His tank cycled now.
 
Fish in cycle... kept changing water for a while. Then added mature filter media and ive just had my week of clear results.

Do you not believe me or something?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back
Top