My LFS (Local Fish Store)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

There are lots of companies that make money by misleading the public. Off the fish topic for a bit, we can buy Corn Flour and Wheat Flour here. Out of all the different brands of Corn Flour I have found, only one is made from corn. All the others are made from wheat. I contacted the Department of Consumer Protection and said it was false advertising because they were labelling the product as corn flour, yet it was made from wheat. Consumer Protection said there was nothing wrong with that.

There are a few companies that sell aquarium products and they mislead the public too. Going back a few months I contacted one of the major companies about one of their medications. Their website stated it treated bacteria, fungus and various other ailments. Yet it only contained an anti-biotic. I questioned how they could sell an anti-biotic and claim it treats fungus when anti-biotics do not treat fungus. They gave me a spiel on how people didn't know the difference between fungus and bacterial infections so they just put both down.

More recently I contacted another company asking what the ingredients were in a product they were selling as a safe medication for fish. I specifically stated that I did not want to copy their product and only wanted to know what was in it for the safety of my fish and myself. They did not have ingredients on the product, packaging or their website, and they claimed it was safe for fish. But in fine print it said "Not to be used on fish used for human consumption". Normally products that cannot be used on food fish (for people to eat) are toxic and have to be listed on the product. But this company won't tell me or anyone else what ingredients are in the product. They claim it's safe but also state it can't be used on food fish. You can't have both.

I’m pretty sure every Money-Making company, is in it for the money......:p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back