My guppy tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kittyclown

Reaction score
I took some photos of my guppies today and wanted to share! I only have 4 right now (2m 2f) and I'm raising 3 fry at the moment

20200920_180524.jpg

^ This is a sandwich! shes shyer than the other fish usually so its hard to get a lot of photos of her.

20200920_180511.jpg
20200920_180502.jpg

^ This is my FAVORITE guppy I have, I think she's so pretty and she has so much personality, I love watching her swim around, and even though her colors are duller than the more flashy males she's just a joy to have around I love her. Their name is Dr. Cheese!! I like to give my pets silly fun names because it makes me happy.
20200920_180442.jpg
20200920_155638.jpg

^ My other 2 guppies look exactly the same! they're also always next to each other constantly sort of like they generally enjoy each other's company like best friends, I call them both the tiger twins.

20200920_155614.jpg
this is the 1 snail iv had forever and I still don't have any names for him, iv been told he's a racer snail.

20200920_155545.jpg

here is my full aquarium! the green net is a fry net for my fry I'm raising, its a bowfront 20g tall or a 25? i got it at a garage sale so im unsure of the exact gallons but a 20g tall minimum i would say guess wise. I recently upgraded from a normal 10g (id love to have a 20 gallon long but i just don't have the space for one length wise right now). I have 1 water lettuce right now (its by the heater floating if you look close enough) but the plants are fake because all the live plants at my local pet stores are REALLY expensive but id love to have some live ones eventually.

Very pretty fish! :clap:

Can I talk you into getting some live plants for that tank? Would definitely spruce some things up a bit. ;)

Very nice guppies! And nothing wrong with giving them silly names, they don't mind :)

If I might make a suggestion - the heater... if the cable is long enough to allow it, I'd push it lower down into the tank, a little more horizontally. I like to keep mine low enough that it stays beneath the water line even during water changes, since a heater that's in the air is pretty dangerous, it keeps heating if you don't turn it off, then risks exploding when hot glass meets cooler water once you refill... eeekk! And I'm forgetful, so while you can unplug it to water change, I worry I'd either forget to unplug it, or forget to plug it back in after the water change. Much easier to set it and forget it. But, one of my tanks right now, the heater cable is too short to allow for that, so just a suggestion to make life easier if you can!

Since you're in the US, reddit has an awesome sub for trading aquarium supplies, including live plants. r/aquaswap. I'd use that all the time if I were in the US! You can find plants cheaply, and if you propagate your water lettuce, you might be able to trade some of that with someone there for some new plant. I'm in the UK so I can't use it, and I'm jealous, lol.

Nice looking guppies, I have a guppy tank too and there always seems to be new fry almost every week. My guppies have their own castle to swim around. @PheonixKingZ brought up live plants there are several live plants that are easy to have like water sprite that will help with water quality for your fish. It also helps having places for them to hide if they get stressed. I see you have a cave which is good but some leafy live plants would also help with hiding places. Enjoy your guppies :fish: ;) :fish:

Very nice guppies! And nothing wrong with giving them silly names, they don't mind :)

If I might make a suggestion - the heater... if the cable is long enough to allow it, I'd push it lower down into the tank, a little more horizontally. I like to keep mine low enough that it stays beneath the water line even during water changes, since a heater that's in the air is pretty dangerous, it keeps heating if you don't turn it off, then risks exploding when hot glass meets cooler water once you refill... eeekk! And I'm forgetful, so while you can unplug it to water change, I worry I'd either forget to unplug it, or forget to plug it back in after the water change. Much easier to set it and forget it. But, one of my tanks right now, the heater cable is too short to allow for that, so just a suggestion to make life easier if you can!

Since you're in the US, reddit has an awesome sub for trading aquarium supplies, including live plants. r/aquaswap. I'd use that all the time if I were in the US! You can find plants cheaply, and if you propagate your water lettuce, you might be able to trade some of that with someone there for some new plant. I'm in the UK so I can't use it, and I'm jealous, lol.

I can put it down further I think yeah! huh for some reason I always worried about it short circuiting or something if the cable was submerged too much honestly but I have seen people put it down further but I was worried it would be unsafe for me and my fish. Also thank you!

Nice looking guppies, I have a guppy tank too and there always seems to be new fry almost every week. My guppies have their own castle to swim around. @PheonixKingZ brought up live plants there are several live plants that are easy to have like water sprite that will help with water quality for your fish. It also helps having places for them to hide if they get stressed. I see you have a cave which is good but some leafy live plants would also help with hiding places. Enjoy your guppies :fish: ;) :fish:
Thank you! I would love to have more live plants i plan to in the future but they are just very expensive for me right now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back