My Fish Won't Stop Pooping!

MollyFresh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Jersey, US
Okay every 1-5 minutes I check my tank and there is always more blue poop coming out of my pregnant mollies butt! It just keeps coming!!!! This time it was almost 2 inches!!! 2 inches of big blue poop! Is her being heavy pregnant have to do with anything?? I thought heavy pregnant mollies often got constipated when pregnant! My Balloon molly is so weird!!
 
pregnancy doesn't make any difference to a fish and how often they go to the loo. Try feeding it something different for a day and see if the colour changes. If it doesn't then maybe check your colour vision :) only joking
 
How often are you feeding? Too much food will cause excessive poo. :sick:

EXACTLY! a fish can only poo if your feeding it enough to go poo constantly. The fish could be trying to pass something liquidifying the poo to make it extend longer but thats about as far as it goes.

Unless its bacterial? and its the waste of bacteria in the digestive track? (doubt it though but an interesting guess)
 
i had a pair of platies once and they were poop machines. i guess the same applies to mollies also.
 
My platys are all poop machines, too. I don't think I put enough food in the whole tank to account for how much they produce. Sometimes I'll see streamers of the stuff hanging off plants like somebody TP'd my bristlenose's front yard.

Better pooping than not, I guess. At least she's definitely not constipated.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top