My Chocolate And Licorice Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: .....

Now, The good book says (Exodus20 - the 10 commandments) "Thy shalt not envy thy neighbours' house, his wife, his manservant or his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that belongs to thy neighbour"......Nowhere is any mention made of his Chocolate Gouramies, so I may.....

Good luck with these.... They're looking good.

I'm all for making Ludwig suffer...

Just bear in mind..... I have the power to close this thread if at any time I feel the jealousy escallating to intollerable levels..... so keep it simple, and do not boast.

I fed the fish in the tank bloodworm and the Chocolate Gouramis were eating normally. So far so good. :lol:

Just bear in mind..... I have the power to close this thread if at any time I feel the jealousy escallating to intollerable levels..... so keep it simple, and do not boast.

Awwww, poor Ludwig. Have you made any progress with getting some chocolates of your own? I would love Chocolates, but I think I would have better luck breeding SW species than getting these guys to like my Miami water...

Carlovel1 - Told you they'd eat. Not loving you getting more fish though. At least until you know how the Chocolates do, so no loaches. Answering you Planted question in this thread, sorry. It's all good...

Carlovel1 - Told you they'd eat. Not loving you getting more fish though. At least until you know how the Chocolates do, so no loaches. Answering you Planted question in this thread, sorry. It's all good...

OK, do you think I'm fully stocked? :look:

Ok I admit it, I`m overstocked and think it would be a nice gesture for me to let Lisa have a pair of my Chocolate Gourami, especially as I have 5 of them :D

Carl, you`re a star!! Thankyou :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I'm not overstocked and the Chocolate are mine and here to stay! :p

Well you can`t blame a girl for trying huh ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since 2 of the chocolate gouramis have died, I have noticed they are a tad less active than they used to be. :sad:
I was thinking, should I buy 1 more? Also, my LFS has another version of Chocolate Gourami, Sphaerichthys vaillanti. TBH I'd love one of these, they are much more colourful and much more expensive. Should I buy 1 of these? :crazy: :good:
What do you guys think? :look:

I'd try to find out what caused your 2 to die, then focus on getting the others healthy before anything else, adding an expensive fish, and it probably dying as well as the other two wouldn't be too encouraging

I'd try to find out what caused your 2 to die, then focus on getting the others healthy before anything else, adding an expensive fish, and it probably dying as well as the other two wouldn't be too encouraging

I know, why to other 2 died. They had internal bacteria/parasites. TBH it was silly of me to overlook it but now, I've got the medicine for the internal bacteria/parasites.
The remaining 3 are doing fine, the male is doing a bit of flaring! :clap: :kana:

Your Chocolates are really beautiful! When I get my tank I am think about having 6 with a few extra stock.
Are they easy to take care of? What are they like?

Sorry for the questions~
I'm just really interested in these :)

Your Chocolates are really beautiful! When I get my tank I am think about having 6 with a few extra stock.
Are they easy to take care of? What are they like?

Sorry for the questions~
I'm just really interested in these :)

TBH it depends, wild caught chocolate gouramis are much harder to keep, they must be fed live foods daily and water conditions, pristine.
Tank bred chocolate gouramuis are easier to keep and more adaptable. They are still sensitive though, they catch diseases very easily. What tank size do you want to keep Chocolate gouramis in?

unfortunately, just stared at my tank for a bit then I looked at the Chocolate Gouramis and all 3 have caugt Ich. Luckily ATM it seems to be in its early stages as no other fish has caught it and plus, Ive got a bottle of anti whitespot in hand so I dosed the tank immediately with it. Hopefully, I won't loose any fish this time :sad:

unfortunately, just stared at my tank for a bit then I looked at the Chocolate Gouramis and all 3 have caugt Ich. Luckily ATM it seems to be in its early stages as no other fish has caught it and plus, Ive got a bottle of anti whitespot in hand so I dosed the tank immediately with it. Hopefully, I won't loose any fish this time :sad:

Again these fish prove to the hobby they can be a challenge to keep.

James.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back