My Chocolate And Licorice Gouramis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
I have 'inherited' 5 Chocolate Gouramis from my mate who is going to America and he can't mentain his Chocolate Gourami tank. So he's given them to me and here are some photos of the settled in my tank ^_^ The tank is 40 litres :dunno:

P1020228.jpg

P1020212.jpg

P1020219.jpg

P1020221.jpg

A chocolate gourami tank is such a beautifull thing to behold if you can keep them alive. I'm very envious carl. Something i would love to try one day :) Keep us posted on these fellas.

Something tells me Ludwig will be here before long drooling :p

Ohh nice!

Can we see some full tank shots?

I shall try later on, currently , the glass is dirty with water marks, and I've dug out some plants, hopefully by tonight they will be ready :good:

A chocolate gourami tank is such a beautifull thing to behold if you can keep them alive. I'm very envious carl. Something i would love to try one day :) Keep us posted on these fellas.

If I can keep these along, I will want to keep other species of the Chocolate Gourami :look: or even the Licorice Gourami. Will regularly update yous on these.

Bring it on Ludwig! :hey: :p

A lovely fish, but can be hard to keep. I suppose getting them second hand is good for you, so you know if and what they are feeding. :good:

I wonder if Lud has bred these?

James.

A lovely fish, but can be hard to keep. I suppose getting them second hand is good for you, so you know if and what they are feeding. :good:

James.
Yep, I've just feed them for the first tine (live bloodworm) and they didn't seem to eat :blink:

Geee, where have I seen these before? :shifty:

:lol: The gouramis made their debut in Planted first... I'm all for making Ludwig suffer... :lol: Just kidding...

James.

I don't think so. I think it is a goal of his, though. They are difficult, I think, to obtain in SA. He's working on it. As for keeping them healthy, Carlovel1, you've taken the right first step by going planted with their setup. Keep the plants healthy, and the fish will do much better. What were they eating at your friend's house? Granted, you just got them, give them a little time.

Geee, where have I seen these before?   :shifty:

:lol: The gouramis made their debut in Planted first... I'm all for making Ludwig suffer...  :lol:  Just kidding...

James.

I don't think so.  I think it is a goal of his, though.  They are difficult, I think, to obtain in SA.  He's working on it. As for keeping them healthy, Carlovel1, you've taken the right first step by going planted with their setup.  Keep the plants healthy, and the fish will do much better.  What were they eating at your friend's house?  Granted, you just got them, give them a little time.

Thanks for the tips, at my mate's house, they were fed Frozen Bloodworm. I can't believe they turned down Live Bloodworm lol!  :drool: :hey:

Mine didn't eat for the first couple of days when I got them they get easily stressed. I wouldn't worry about it. They look like there in a healthy condition you've done well there getting them from a friend some of the ones you see in LFS's look in a right state.

Around 2 mins ago I was feeding other fish in my tank crushed flake and to my surprise, the Gouramis started eating some flake. :blink: :D

When they do start eating they eat anything I feed mine hikari micro pellets and frozen bloodworm a couple of times a week. Glad to hear there eating.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back