My Chocolate And Licorice Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yep, I didn't know these were THAT sensitive. Don't know how my mate kept these with out them dying. :blink:

Did he give you a handbook with them? Hehe ;)

Sorry to hear they are a little poorly, may still be stressed from the move.

Do you have to keep them in soft water? Acidic? Plants i would imagine are a yes.

Beautiful fish though Carlove, very green!!

Skittles

Did he give you a handbook with them? Hehe ;)

Sorry to hear they are a little poorly, may still be stressed from the move.

Do you have to keep them in soft water? Acidic? Plants i would imagine are a yes.

Beautiful fish though Carlove, very green!!

Skittles
Yes, they are kept in soft acidic water ATM
This afternoon though, the Ich has almost totally gone, yeesterday, they had around 15 whitespots, now they have 1 spot each :yahoo:

Brilliant news! :D Good good. They are such pretty little things, are they quite shy, or just very graceful in a look-at-me kind of way? (i realise how strange that sounds...)

They are quite tame actually, as my friend had them for some time so they are used to humans outside their tank. Like all gouramis really, gouramis tend not to be shy

Good news, the spotts have completely disappeared. Have performed a WC and will keep dosing the tank with the anti-ick just in case

One of the gouramis seems to be very territorial, chasing the others where ever they are :shout:
Should I ignore this or should I replace this aggressive male with a pair of Samurai Gouramis? ^_^

Are Chocolate Gouramis ok in a community tank?

I was at my LFS on the weekend and they were selling them as such.
But from what I have read, they like a species only set up.

Are Chocolate Gouramis ok in a community tank?

I was at my LFS on the weekend and they were selling them as such.
But from what I have read, they like a species only set up.
True, I don't think that these Gourami would do OK in a Community tank, they are very shy and would easily starve to death and get bullied. Not to mention these Gouramis can very quickly catch illnesses from other fish. I've kept these now for around a month and already I've had internal parasites and Ick. My tank is basically a species tank, save for 3 Clown Killifish at the surface and a Scarlet Badis pair and some Micro Loaches
Carl

How are they today Carlove?
lol its C-A-R-L-O-V-E-L-1 :shout: :lol:

Hiya, they are doing just fine thanks, today they seem happy as their colouring is black with gold stripes :wub: :good:
I've got some pictures I took some minutes ago, but they lost their colouring a bit because the camera scared them.
Photos will be up in a few mins :)

Here is the 'boss' gourami flaring his fins a little bit
P1020356.jpg

Here is one of the females, I think :look:
P1020364.jpg

UPDATE:
All the chocolate gouramis are in great shape, none have died so YAY! :D

More important news.
Some of you may have noticed I wanted a trio of rare Samurai Gouramis to replace the 2 choc gourami that died a month ago. Well, plans didnt go ahead and now we are on the way home with a trio of gouramis. They are very small rare and delicate gouramis and are very uncommon in the UK ATM. I will put you guy out of your misery when we get home. I'll post some picture while im at it too.
Carl :D

Here is the 'boss' gourami flaring his fins a little bit
P1020356.jpg

Here is one of the females, I think :look:
P1020364.jpg

OK.... So why is that not entered into the FOTM competition......??... I nominate Pic 1 for FOTM.....
Wow Thanks Ludwig!
Never been nominated before :D :yahoo: :thanks:
Does someone have to second the nomination or do I just enter it? ???

So, the new Gouramis are...drumroll...Licorice Gourami
Apparently, these are for experts only, due to them being so delicate. So I hope I am expert enough to keep them.
Carl

EDIT:Some pics will be uploaded , I am uploading them now

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back