The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

TheBeth23

Reaction score
I had my female betta, Sunshine, in a 10 gallon with 4 Rosies (that pink feeder fish) and a small algae eater(unsure of breed).my tank is heated and filtered. I came to find 2 dead Rosies and a dead algae eater the other day. I removed the filter and exchanged 1/4 of the water. I have a well and my water is VERY hard and it takes a lot to soften it even a little bit. My Betta was a charity case. I found her forgotten in a green, cloudy, awful smelling container at the pet store and couldnā€™t bare to leave her.
The day after the fish died, half of Sunshineā€™s face had gotten fuzzy and her scales are lifted. Itā€™s just her face by her eye and gill. Iā€™ve given 2 doses of Ick Guard tablets. Am I treating the right illness??

Attachments

• 0A0F4AE0-2A16-4CC6-AE09-EDF7C8E0F756.jpeg
    0A0F4AE0-2A16-4CC6-AE09-EDF7C8E0F756.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 62
Definitely not Ich.... Most likely a fungal infection. Many fungal medications out there... don't know which one though. Aquarium salt MAY be good since it supports the immune system to help fight it. I am not good with diseases/infection, so someone with much knowledge would be better.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back