My Awful Invert Aquarium

I think I caught them mating. :blink: The smaller one was holding the larger and they were wiggling around for a while.

The larger one after the whole conjoined crab thing(the blob on the twig is a limpet):

That's good news :good: hopefully you will be flogging offspring on TFF soon then?

BTW is that a limpet in the picture there?

Nope. The larger one has relocated to somewhere out of sight, probably the other side of the piece of wood it likes.

Yes, that is a limpet.

Still haven't seen them eat or anything. They just seem to sit in one spot most of the time. I wonder if it's because the water is too cold? 68F-70F on average.

Great capture Tyler, :good:
I keep them at the same temperature as you do, so far they are fine, the only species data I could find was in Spanish it says that a temp of 77F or 25C is ideal don't know how reliable that info is though. I have seen some of mine eat but not like shrimp do.

I guess they lean more on the carnivorous side of things. I dropped in some bloodworms and they started to move about for once. Had to use a flash for the pics. :sick:
S7004299.jpg

S7004302.jpg

S7004307.jpg

Saw a crab munching a cherry this morning. :crazy:

I don't know if it caught it or simply found it, as it was in an area where it would be possible for them to catch a cherry; In between a sponge and the tank glass where movement was restricted for the cherries.

Still haven't seen the one that I think was the female. I know it's not the one doing the cherry-munching because she was missing a claw.

Not much has happened really. I've been away from home for nearly two weeks now, so maybe something has happened.

Thanks for the compliment, I must say I'm surprised. :lol:

No pictures, and probably none for a long while. While I was away my mom lent our camera to my sister and she managed to break it. :shout:

I said something about it so it decided to spite me. Still broken, just less broken than before. Only posting these because I got a few shots of an eggy crab.

You can just make out her pumping the eggs in this.

Cool. It will be interesting to see where this leads :) Be prepared for lots of experiments to successfully raise the larvae :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back