My Awful Invert Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Pretty sure Mysis are opossum shrimp, but I don't think this is one of them; I was just remarking that it looked similar to pictures I had seen. I'm positive that it's a ghost shrimp(as in P. paludosus) now as I saw it(or another) again and I could make out legs, as well as the long second pair that bears the claws.

Currently freaking out over the tank. I have been away for a few days and when I came home the filter had burned out and the media was dry. Everyone seems fine though, going to go out later to pick up a new filter. I am so glad that the hygro has gone crazy, without it(and the duckweed) taking up the ammonia the tank may have nuked.

I knew I should have switched to the box filter already. :lol:

Fan shrimp relocated to the front after I had to switch to a different filter. Got two nice shots. There's even a male cherry for size comparison.

I need to get a powerhead now that I don't have a strong filter. :lol:

Nice bamboo shrimp, my female just died due to unknown causes :(. I'm pretty sure it was due to some sort of chemicals in the air, as the other shrimp were acting odd, and I added carbon to the filter and everything went back to normal.

I plan of getting more, and I would agree that powerheads are good, mine stayed there most of the day and they would fight over who got the best area of flow.

Very good pics :good:. Detail in the fans is very nice.

I think one of mine may have died as well(I had a pair), it's been missing for a few days now. Have you ever seen yours suddenly kick one of the cherries, sending it flying? Mine does all the time because the cherries like to crawl on his legs.

I found a few videos I had taken a while back, so I'm just gonna dump 'em here. One is of a male amano harassing the female, the rest are mostly from feeding time.

I'm getting some micro crabs, Limnopilos naiyanetri, in the next week or so. :hyper: One of the dealers based in my area has some in at a very low price. I may get some Tylomelania sp. if he'll let me buy just one or two(he's selling them in groups of 6 on his site).

Currently doing heavy maintenance on the tank as I've neglected it for a while. Daily water changes, removing the several pounds of duckweed that have grown, rearranging the wood and such. Shrimp aren't too happy about it. :lol:

I get the crabs tomorrow! :eek:

Some pics because they didn't come out as green blurs with smaller blurs inside them.

Fan shrimp sharing a wafer with the cherries:
S7004146.jpg

S7004128.jpg

S7004129.jpg

Random cherries that came out semi-decent:
S7004154.jpg

S7004153.jpg

S7004178.jpg

The last ghost in the tank, who seems to be at the end of her lifespan:
S7004165.jpg

Snails:
S7004162.jpg

S7004144.jpg

S7004125.jpg

No crabs yet, but I did make a gif. Didn't come out as planned.

][

You trying a bit of auto-3d here? You nearly got it right but there is too much vertical movement not enough horizintal!

BTW awsome tank really natural looking and inspiring me to make my own shrimp only tank! What sort of branch did you use?

That was the intention. I didn't really plan to do it so I didn't take any specific pictures. Thanks for the tip. :good:

If by branch, you mean those big twigs then they're some kind of dogwood. One of the trees in out yard was hit by lightning two years back and knocked of a large branch, I just take the twigs as I please.

If you meant the other wood, I have a mix of mopani and drift/bogwood.

Thanks for the compliments! :hyper:

Excellent Tyler the crabs look great, cool GIFs too.
:good:

Edited in the higher resolution pics.
FTS.

I saw the baby ghost again, first time since the other time. It got a lot bigger.

I also got some pictures of my little brine shrimp vase.

And more crabs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back