My Awful Invert Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oak leaves are excellent in the tank eh? I must put some more in mine!

and the moss, is it the moss that would grow in ur bak yard? or is it specil moss 4 aquariums. :/
The moss in the pictures is java moss.

and wht is that bubley looking thing?!?! its awsome!
Apple snail eggs in the light fixture.

the idea of an invert-only tank is kool. but, r u evr gunna put fish in?
Probably not. I've been looking into dwarf frogs however. :D

but, fish or no fish, its an awsome tank. ur a good photographer. :good:
Thanks. :D

Some more pics.

I caught one of the cherries giving birth on the (rarely used) algae scraper.
S7003624.jpg

S7003626.jpg

S7003627.jpg

Cherry on twig.
S7003635.jpg

S7003639.jpg

S7003637.jpg

This is a bad pic, but I managed to get a nice shot of her scaphocerites. :rolleyes:
S7003316.jpg

Cherry saying hello.
S7003345.jpg

Pre nom:
S7003327.jpg

OM:
S7003328.jpg

NOM!
S7003329.jpg

Great pics, very nice catch on the cherry giving birth!

Your tanks so natural it's great, everything seems to thrive in there too.

Love the pic with the hatchling.
:good:
Thank you!

Great pics, very nice catch on the cherry giving birth!
I know, I was shocked to see it happening right there as well. They seem to know that they can't be eaten in this tank; They do everything right out in the open. :blink:

Your tanks so natural it's great, everything seems to thrive in there too.
Especially the algae and copepods :lol: . I have so many of the latter my wood looks like it has ich at times.
S7003666.jpg

S7003675.jpg

And the staghorn algae has taken to either looking somewhat like hydra or forming great balls and drifting around the tank.
S7003665.jpg

S7003679.jpg

Random pics:
S7003652.jpg

S7003657.jpg

S7003670.jpg

S7003680.jpg

S7003684.jpg

And a limpet with a hairdo.
S7003672.jpg

Haha, I have staghorn algae too.

It's not too bad, since it grows quite slowly and I can just remove it, but it's damn annoying so I'm getting a CO2 kit to hopefully help the high-demand fast growing plants fight it off.

Seems to be the only algae shrimp and snails don't eat (which, come to think of it, is probably why it's there) :rolleyes: .

Great pictures :good: Limpet with hair sure looks cool :D

three-fingers, I'd say that's absolutely why we both have it. Before I got the shrimp and snails all I ever had was a ton of rhizoclonium(which I liked because it looked silky to me), but they love it so now it's gone and I'm getting stuff like black brush algae and green spot algae(as well as the aforementioned staghorn). :lol:

Looking into a tank at night is like looking into a different world. :lol: Light source was a lamp across the room.
S7003693.jpg

S7003687.jpg

The hygro has gone insane. It won't stop growing. I think the gunk that was all over the tank in the beginning that was pulled under the sand has been helping it along. Not much else going on in here, no new additions or anything. I did lose a few more ghosts to that weird color changing disease, only have two females left. One has eggs, so I'm thinking of trying to raise the larvae instead of getting some more potentially diseased stock.

FTS
S7003857.jpg

Feeding time video+feeding time shots.

S7003893.jpg

S7003898.jpg

S7003894.jpg

Random junky shots, only being added because they were in focus. :lol:
S7003884.jpg

S7003882.jpg

S7003878.jpg

S7003875.jpg

S7003864.jpg

S7003859.jpg

And some nice looking algae:
S7003872.jpg

That hygro really is growing nicely, like it's creeping along the ground. The cherry shrimp in that 2nd last piclooks very big and red!

I've added CO2 and still have that algae lol :rolleyes:.

It is creeping along the ground. :eek: It lays down roots and sends up a stem every few inches or so.

I think I want it to go back to just shooting up again. :lol:

I like the look of your hygro. Wish mine would grow on the ground like that instead of floating to the top and sending out aerial roots :rolleyes: I suppose appropriate lighting helps :blush:

I think it's going to start growing out of the tank. D:

I may just get something that eats plants because I have no gardening skill at all.

In related news, pikturz:
S7003990.jpg

S7003986.jpg

I was doing my regular 'stare vacantly at tank' routine when I noticed this:
S7004071.jpg

Baby ghost shrimp! I guess they really don't need brackish conditions after all; Nice to have some proof rather than anecdotes. There are likely more in the tank, but it's not like I'll be seeing them considering how overgrown it is at the mo'. I hope I can get a little colony going.

There's the small possibility that it's actually one of the freshwater opossum shrimp, but this is not very likely.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back