MY AFRICAN DWARF FROG ATE A BABY SNAIL

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rxtnn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I keep african dwarf frogs for years now and this has never happened. I've been dealing with a bladder snail infestation which I've sorted out pretty well... the numbers have decreased a lot. However, I noticed my ADF was struggling with a small snailI went to go wash my hands (as I just had moisturiser on them so couldn't put them in the tank) before grabbing a net and trying to help my little guy out and the second I came back in the room he had eaten the snail... is he going to be okay? Can he digest the snail shell?! I've seen multiple sources saying they eat snails in the wild, or they do sometimes eat them in tanks. Is he going to be okay? Do I need to fast him for a few days? Or will he be fine? Any advice is appreciated I'm kinda freaking out!!! Their normal diet consists of Zoomed ADF pellets, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and black mosquito larvae. Thank you

In the wild, frogs eat anything that moves, including snails. If they can eat them in the wild, they can eat them in aquariums. Just feed froggy normally and it should be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back