My 55 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
poor fish :(

seriously take them back dont kill anymore i dont think youve read anything posted

LOL

how comes this guy believe everything the LFS tell him LOL

this thread is making me laugh

forget fish cycling Josh, its cruel, barbaric and completely unneccesary, please stop this torture of your fish........

try to learn form this thread, people are trying to be patient with you and teach you the ways, you are dangerous!!!

i would laugh to but poor fishies

this guy is like a mad scientist, subjecting his fish to his evil experiments!!! it must stop, fishless cycling is the ONLY way

this is not the dark ages!!! i cant believe this!!!

LOL

how comes this guy believe everything the LFS tell him LOL

this thread is making me laugh

forget fish cycling Josh, its cruel, barbaric and completely unneccesary, please stop this torture of your fish........

try to learn form this thread, people are trying to be patient with you and teach you the ways, you are dangerous!!!
I bet 3/4 of the people that cycle Aqauriums use fish... I beleve my LFS because my LFS's Aquariums have NO Dead Fish, and that They are Clear.

Josh

then why did u add more fish, youve killed 2 already
I do NOT do FISHLESS Cycling like you... I do Fish Cycling, and I will be taking the fish back after the Tank is Cycled... (If I can)

Josh

Yeah, and look what you've done...you've killed your fish, and all that money is wasted..... Geez, dude. :no:

If you want to rush things, then this hobby is not for you.

1) Buy enough LR for your tank

2) Buy ammonia and nitrite test kits

Get a spreadsheet together, and record your results everyday - it'll give you something to do, and you can plot it on a graph. Do not add ANY livestock, CUC or otherwise, until you get several days of zero ammonia and zero nitrite. THEN add some CUC, leave them a week minimum, THEN start thinking about some fish....

That's one of the big problems with this world today...some people just CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :grr:

Josh is 13 yrs old i just saw his profile

no disrespect Josh, at least you have enthusiasm

i am sure you will learn as you go, we all make mistakes

but please, do get with the program, i wouldnt use Guppies to cycle a tank let alone marine fish........

why subject fish to this? they are not here to "cycle" your tank and then "take them back"

its one thing to subject fish to poor living conditions through ignorance, but to do it INTENTIONALLY it is amazing and i suggest you have a good long think my friend

OMG RUSHER!!!!!! AHHHH

First:
LFS is a business, they want money, what are the chances they actually care about the fish.... Ok they may look good in the tanks at the store, but those tanks are probably mature and none of those fish are probably going to be there long term. So what if you didnt see any dead fish, employees can take the dead fish out....

Second:
You, killed your fish, dont put the blame on your powerhead. They were weakened by the nitrite and/or ammonia and then they either died and got sucked in, or were really really weak and got sucked in. Either way i think you need to accept the fact that you killed them.

Third: Fish cycles work, heck ive heard of people peeing in there tanks to cycle it, as long as you add ammonia to the tank it can start to cycle. BUT, that doesnt mean its the right thing to do.

fourth: Let me ask you, what made you think you needed a cleanup crew in the first place? Diatoms? There normal, dont like them, scrape them off, dont put something in there to get rid of it, get rid of it yourself, small amounts of ammonia and nitrite wont hurt your hand at all, but it can kill a hermit or snail. Sometimes we shouldnt let nature do its work and we should butt in.

Lastly: you only hear what you want to hear, so chances are what i just said will go in one ear and come out the other since its not what you want to hear.

I dont see why we should pity him since he is 13, im 14, i dont want anyone to pity me if i did something wrong just because i was young, that gives me an excuse to not do whats right just because im young.

The reason why I got a CUC is because the LFS said that I should. So, I did... I will take the Damsels back... ( If I can)

Josh

okay, now were getting somwhere, take back the cuc as well if u can, get some liverock if u have the money 1lb/gallon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back