My 55 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

u dont buy clean up crews until AFTER the tank has cycled, ur still in the middle of a cycle, just be cause the fish can survive a cycle doesnt mean they arent suffering

u dont buy clean up crews until AFTER the tank has cycled, ur still in the middle of a cycle, just be cause the fish can survive a cycle doesnt mean they arent suffering
If they have made ti this far, I bet they will be fine the rest of the way. They are really active, just as active as they were in the LFS. The guy, and girl at the LFS said they will be fine.

Josh

they probably will survive the cycle but ur not listening :angry: , u continue to add livestock and will end up killing most of ur cuc when the nitrates spike...., you said you wouldnt add anything before but you already sentenced more animals to death

they probably will survive the cycle but ur not listening :angry: , u continue to add livestock and will end up killing most of ur cuc when the nitrates spike...., you said you wouldnt add anything before but you already sentenced more animals to death
Now I am not adding anything else until the cycle is over.

Josh

...will end up killing most of ur cuc when the nitrates spike...
:S I hope that doesn't happen. Water changes every day will hopefully prevent this.

Budde, please slow down a bit. Fishkeeping isn't a hobby to rush. You local fish store isn't always correct.

On the otherhand, live rock will get expensive, but if you want to keep a small amount (10 to 20 pounds) for an focal point that would be fine. I would suggest purchasing a powerhead to create a current on it though.

What fish store is this? I'm just curious.

...will end up killing most of ur cuc when the nitrates spike...
:S I hope that doesn't happen. Water changes every day will hopefully prevent this.

Budde, please slow down a bit. Fishkeeping isn't a hobby to rush. You local fish store isn't always correct.

On the otherhand, live rock will get expensive, but if you want to keep a small amount (10 to 20 pounds) for an focal point that would be fine. I would suggest purchasing a powerhead to create a current on it though.

What fish store is this? I'm just curious.

Thanks.

I have a powerhead, and the store name was Neptunes Gardens.

Josh

What size water change should I do? 10 % - 25 % - What? I haven't gotten the Results yet, I'll post them as soon as I get them.

Thanks for the help in advanced.

Josh

more is better, though, if you want to make sure everything survives.

how high are your levels, that will tell you ow much water you need to change to keep it safe for livestock

I have bad news:
The 2 Chromis Died... It was not the Water Quality though, they both went up in the Powerhead, and died...

I got the results:
Nitrite, Nitrate, and Ammonia are Very HIGH!

Josh

they died of the water parameter and got sucked up in the power head or were very weak fromthem and got stuck either way it was params that killed them :(, do a water change asap, it take alot of work to kill a damsel

they died of the water parameter and got sucked up in the power head or were very weak fromthem and got stuck either way it was params that killed them
My other LFS said it was the Powerhead... So, They said to get 3 Damsels, They sent me home with:1 4-Stripe Damsel2 Blue Damsels, I will take them back after the cycle.

they died of the water parameter and got sucked up in the power head or were very weak fromthem and got stuck either way it was params that killed them :( , do a water change asap, it take alot of work to kill a damsel
I just did a water change, and I will be doing 3 this week, and will take another Water Sample in..

Josh

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back