My 55 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Salinity & Specific Gravity Results are in!

Salinity: 30

Specific Gravity: 1.023

I will post Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and pH Results tomorrow.

Josh

Aren't you going to add some live rock? It looks really bare and empty....

Yeah, I was just thinking about it. I am going to the LFS tomorrow so I will look for Live Rock tomorrow, they have lots, and lots of Marine Fish, Inverts, and Live Rock cause they get a shipment today.

Josh

you could just get normal base rock type stuff, live rock is beneficial but it is not essential!! base rock will be alot cheaper as well if you want to keep it FO.

you could just get normal base rock type stuff, live rock is beneficial but it is not essential!! base rock will be alot cheaper as well if you want to keep it FO.

I want to keep Fish, and Inverts too.

Is this a Good Stock List?:
2 Chromis - Already have - Maybe getting 2 more tomorrow, all depends on the Test Results.
2 Ocellaris Clowns - In a little while, maybe in a week or so.
? Hermits - Already have 3, getting more tomorrow.
? Snails - Getting some tomorrow.
? Starfish - After Matured.
1 Green Mandarin - After Matured.

Probable more. - Can't think of any other I want off the top of my head.

Suggestions are Welcome! - Thank You everyone for your suggestions, and feedback.

Josh

might wanna get a few more chromis since ther shoaling fish

mandarin your have to have alot of live rock and a well matured tank really ... unless you can get one that eats frozen and continues to eat frozen still best to have many copepods as a back up

starfish not untill tank is matured, else there starved so same as mandarin 6 months+

seahorse will prob be out competed for food needs peaceful feeders and is mainly suited to a species only tank

look into wrasses, if you dont want corals and what not look into puffers, butterflys and i recon you could fit an undulate trigger in there though for the biggest growing trigger needs the least space im not sure why, may ask lynden :p

frimani pseudochromis beautiful fish opr orchid dottyback is its common name less agressive then a magenta dottyback

edit: clown fish are hardy fish so you can add them in say a week or 2 after the clean up crew and since you already have chromis in there you dont wanna overload the system.

+ if getting live rock get fullycured so it will only set of a miniscule cycle, uncured will need to cure meaning a massive spike in ammonia which would most likely result in chromis death

Shibby,
I will post a new Stocking List later today. Thanks for the Quick Response, and Thanks for your Help.

Josh

You shouldn't add inverts until after the cycle. They're sensitive to high ammonia and nitrates. Are you using RO water?

from what i understand its already cycled, the 2 chromis have cycled it if im not mistaken!

He put the chromis in a week ago, it doesn't cycle that fast.

oo yeh my bad, in another post though the live sand has started to get the brown algae growth symtoms of diatoms .... which i thought meant the tank was on its way to cycle, mine didnt take a huge amount of time to cycle.

Are you using RO water?
Nope. I use tap water that is Dechlorinated.

Josh

oo yeh my bad, in another post though the live sand has started to get the brown algae growth symtoms of diatoms .... which i thought meant the tank was on its way to cycle, mine didnt take a huge amount of time to cycle.

How long does it take to cycle?

Josh

de chlorinated should be okay since its gonna be a FO .... corals and some inverts will be sensitive to it though.

it really depends on how long varies massively usually though i thought diatoms was the sign it had ...

read up on cycleing tanks, theres not a set time, do not get any livestock until u test ur water to see if the cycle is over

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back