My 55 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Budde

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I will update this again soon! - See my Aquarium Journal for more up to date details, Note: Link is in Signature.
Here is when I first put in my Live Sand: (July 13, 2007)

55G-1.jpg

Here is after I put in my 2 Blue Chromis, and 3 Hermit Crabs: (July 17, 2007)

55G-7-25.jpg

Announcement about the tank here --> http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry1707771

Nitrite, and Nitrate levels here --> http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...t&p=1707918

Suggestions are accepted.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Josh

dont cycle with fish, and the hermits wont survive a cycle

am i missing something here? why are you buying livestock? FO=fish only

dont cycle with fish, and the hermits wont survive a cycle

The Guy at the LFS said to Cycle the tank with fish, and the Hermits will survive. I think he knows what he is doing he has 100s of tanks.
The hermits are doing quite well.

Josh

i sugest not listening to him if hes telling you that, unless u do lots of water changes to make acceptable params for the fish take them back and use some fish food or prawn to cycle the tank

Cycling with fish is fine. It is basically the "old school" way to cycle a tank. I do fish cycles with hardy fish, and over the past 4 years I haven't lost one.

i sugest not listening to him if hes telling you that, unless u do lots of water changes to make acceptable params for the fish take them back and use some fish food or prawn to cycle the tank

I did not see one dead fish in that store. I think they know what they are doing. I will be going on Friday to have my water tested, I will add the results here on Friday.... The chromis, and hermits are doing very well. I have not had anything die in this aquarium, and I have had them for just over a week. Don't you think they would have died by now if the water wasn't right?

Josh

two chromis in a 55 are going to produce very much waste , and they are hardy fish im not saying the tank wont cycle but that its jus cruel for the fish, livestock at fishstores wont be there long term, they just want to sell u fish and make money

Cycling with fish is fine. It is basically the "old school" way to cycle a tank. I do fish cycles with hardy fish, and over the past 4 years I haven't lost one.
Thank You for the Information. I am glad someone does it the way the LFS, and Me do it.

Josh

Two Chromis in a 55 are NOT going to produce very much waste, but they still poop enough to put out ammonia. Ammonia hurts fish.
It's easy enough just to buy some ammonia at a store and use that to cycle. It's better for the fish, and cheaper.

What filter do you have on there?

Two Chromis in a 55 are NOT going to produce very much waste, but they still poop enough to put out ammonia. Ammonia hurts fish.
It's easy enough just to buy some ammonia at a store and use that to cycle. It's better for the fish, and cheaper.

What filter do you have on there?

Whisper 60 Gallon Filter.

Josh

Most reactions

Back