My 55 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Announcement: My Live Sand is turning a Brown Color. Which I found out from That Fish Place, and Shibby in another post that it is a Brown Algae Bloom. Which also means it has started to Cycle. More Information, and Details are welcomed...

Josh

what are your amonia/nitrite/nitrate levels?
I don't know them at the moment, give me a couple of minutes, and I will know the Nitrate, and Nitrite levels. I will know the Ammonia level tomorrow.

Josh

Diatoms, that is a good thing (kinda). Completely normal.
Is this one of the signs that tells me that the Cycling is almost over?

Josh

Don't add ANY more livestock until your tank is cycled.
I am not adding any more livestock until I see that the Water Parameters are alright.

Josh

No diatoms don't tell ya anything other then you are starting a tank...You could be in the begininng, middle, or end.

Ammonia should be zero, nitrItes should be zero, and nitrAtes are usually kept below 50 in FO tanks, but can go much higher without hurting fish. But if you have inverts, keep them lower, I would say below 20.

Ammonia should be zero, nitrItes should be zero, and nitrAtes are usually kept below 50 in FO tanks, but can go much higher without hurting fish. But if you have inverts, keep them lower, I would say below 20.

Thanks for the Help.... I will post the Ammonia Level when I get back from the LFS. I am going to be back between 4, and 5 PM EST.

Josh

The lady at the LFS that tests Saltwater was sick - In the hospital. She will call me once she tests my water, and at that time I will post the Water Parameters. I got 3 more Hermits, and 2 new Turbo Snails. I also got a Live Rock. Just over 1 lb.

Josh

why are you getting livestock?!?!?! did u even read any of the posts?,a lb of liverock wont do much for a 55

why are you getting livestock?!?!?!,a lb of liverock wont do much for a 55
Do Not Yell! I am getting Livestock because I need a Clean Up Crew. I have not had any fish die yet, and other wise I only have 2 Chromis, and then the Hermits, and Snails. Then the Live Rock. I only had the Money for that one after the Hermits, and Snails. I am planning on getting more down the road, and at least it will do something.

Josh

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back