My 125 reef, step by step setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Simply beautiful!

I am still inspired by saltwater tanks, but somehow very scared at the prospect of indulging into one!

I think I will stick with Freshwater for now...

Ben

its incredible how many posts this has already gotten and it started today. :eek: :D

GREAT looking aquarium, should be nice! im jealous.

shrimpster97 said:
its incredible how many posts this has already gotten and it started today. :eek: :D

GREAT looking aquarium, should be nice! im jealous.
Umm, it started on feb 10th :p

But yeah, the tank is an absolute beauty :) If I ever have a spare 7000 euros I'll definatly go for that! :p ... Somehow though, I doubt it will ever happen

:kewlpics:
everything you put in your tank I can drive down the street and get for free out of the ocean, I wish I could send you some fish and stuff. I don't have a salt water because I just don't have the knowledge.
anyway, that is a great set up, keep the pictures coming!!
:cool:

ps. Every time I go to the ocean with my wifes class I catch all kinds of fish that would cost big $$ on the mainland, i just show them to the students then let them go, maybe I should start a business shipping them out :lol:

so Hazmat when can i move in..i can put my bed were the couch is.. :D

ur amazing to be able to set up something so beautiful and healthy looking.
keep adding pics because we all want to see more.just wish i could live with u. :D

jsut thot id put in the 200th post :D excelent tank , i got up to page 7 and got to jelous to go on!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
I have not been able to get on the site too much in the past few months
but I will try and give an update on the tank in the next few days.

Hazmat :D

Hazmat said:
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
I have not been able to get on the site too much in the past few months
but I will try and give an update on the tank in the next few days.

Hazmat :D
Please do. I enjoy looking at your tank, what you need is a tank cam running 24/7 :lol:

wow thats amazing... :cool:

i want :-( i want :-( i want :-( i want :-(

I dont know that much about coral soooo, does the coral move around the tank or is it a case of once its settled thats it???

i would love to have a tank like this but I cant help but think that you could go on a cruise for 6 months around the world for not even half that amount of money. :hyper: wow :hyper:
doesn't your other half mind?

kiss kiss :wub:
godzuki

godzuki said:
doesn't your other half mind?
HA..... I got rid of her first.... Ahhhh the joy of being single :D

Well I've had some up's and down's with the tank in the past few weeks.
some new corals :) and a few not doing good :(

I've been doing so much that I haven't even been here in a few months.

I'll try and updat with some pic's and/or my sig so you can see what I've got in the past few months.

Hazmat

The tank has died......................
I had an extreme outbreak of bristle worms that I could not get rid of.
The fish are ok...My LFS has been holding them for the past 3 weeks, until the tank finishes its cycle.
All coral was tossed out :( All my live rock was dipped in fresh water for a day to kill all the worms. I would not doubt that I had over 50,000 bristle worms in the tank, I found at least 30 that were at least 4 to 8 inches long and over 100 that were about 2 inches. The tank now has a 100lbs of new Aragonite sand and all live rock has been thoroughly rinsed and put back in the tank. All the levels are on track and hopefully it will be ready for my fish to come home in a few more weeks. For the future...... I will be getting a huge clean up crew and little by little new coral. It only cost me $150 for the new sand and a few mics. stuff to get the tank back up but I lost about $1000 in coral.

Oh well life goes on and my tank will thrive again one day.

Hazmat

OMG!
sorry to hear that man :(
i hope everything turns out good for you :)

DD

aww *hugs* hope this makes you feel better:

i was inspired by your tank and now i wanna get one :) your fish are beautiful and your tanks is gorgeous :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back