Moving to a bigger tank, Advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HakimChef

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon tank at the moment with three zebra danios, 3 small albino corys, a baby molly, and a bristle nose pleco. The pleco has grown a bit bigger than the other fish and has started to bully them when they come near his driftwood. So I decided I'm going to get a 25 or 35 gallon tank this week. Does anyone have some advice on any plants or new fish I should add?

Get the biggest tank you can to give you more room for the fish.

If you can tell us what the pH & GH (general hardness) of your water is it can help us provide ideas on different fishes.

Do you have a light on the tank and if so how much light does it produce?
Good plants to try include: Ambulia, Hygrophila polysperma & ruba, common Amazon Swordplant, narrow Vallis & Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides).

Do not add any new fish for a couple of weeks after you move the fish and filter into the new tank. This will allow them to settle down after the move.

When you do get more fish, get some more danios and cories because they naturally live in groups. You want 10 or more danios and cories. You could get another bristlenose catfish and have a pr so they can breed.

Since you are getting a bigger tank and more cories if your tank hasn't got a sand substrate now is the time to do it.

Most reactions

Back