Moss Wall: My Attempt

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattyeatsmatts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So after looking into it and watching many youtube vids I decided to construct a moss wall for a future shrimp tank(8 Litre)

Moss came in post today, a good amount from BigbruiserAl
The mesh I am using is just plastic with holes about a 1cm.
U1AGZ.jpg

JRekL.jpg

I used a planting tweezers to thread it. Also if your wondering, the bottom part of the mesh will be placed into the gravel, hence no moss.
fjOZm.jpg

Finally after about an hour of carefully threading, ta dah
xnRA4.jpg

Ggqn2.jpg

AWBL9.jpg

EDIT: Also may as well point this out, the tanks filter is a compartment at the back, water gets sucked through the wall and then through tiny vents(6) into the media bay, the output is what you can see in picture 4. I cant see this being a problem as the vents are too small for anything to enter yet pull the water through the moss enhancing circulation.

Feel free to point out anything

Well really it only looks good at the moment because of the size of the mesh and amount of moss I had. Maintaining it is the be all end all

Looking good :good:

It might get a bit messy though if water has to be sucked through it to get to the filter...

Thats a brilliant idea!! Grr! I just do my tank with the Pamela Anderson decorations, and you go and do something that looks amazing with live plants, dam uuuu! lol :p Bah"

I am loving that moss wall :) Is it just held up by the gravel or have you attached suckers?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back