Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joem_

Reaction score
I currently have a community tank with a Golden sevrum around 3-4”, I am wanting to change to an African Cichlid tank. How would the sevrum be along with Malawi cichlid ?

Agree with the above post. Severums and African cichlids have different requirements in terms of water chemistry (pH, GH, KH) as well as care.

Last edited:
I'd highly recommend against this.

First off, as previously mentioned, these fish come from opposite sides of the gH that they require.

Second, there is a high chance that the severum gets beat to death.

What is your current stocking, tank size, and gh?

I'd highly recommend against this.

First off, as previously mentioned, these fish come from opposite sides of the gH that they require.

Second, there is a high chance that the severum gets beat to death.

What is your current stocking, tank size, and gh?
160L, pretty low stock at the minute as I’m wanting the change, the Sevrum is currently with angel fish and gourami. But unfortunately I was very keen on keeping the sevrum

160L, pretty low stock at the minute as I’m wanting the change, the Sevrum is currently with angel fish and gourami. But unfortunately I was very keen on keeping the sevrum
Either don't get the malawis or get a spare tank for the severum.
160 L is too smal for angel fish.

You aren't going to like this one..... but you are overstocked. All of these fish except for the gourami need a bigger tank.

Severums are big fish. They can get to be 8-10 inches long and are tall. Angels are also big and should be kept in groups.

Still waiting on exact stocking and gh. Knowing the GH is important. If you have very soft water, the malawis will not do well.

I agree with the above. If you are having a hard time finding your GH try checking on your water providers website. We need both a number and the unit.of measurement. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back