The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayote

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have asked how to get rid of brownish water in tank through bog wood, replaced filter wool and got some carbon and hey it works brown gone

But the water is still a bit milky so my piccys are getting spoilt because the light reflecting straight off it

Im using " Crystal Clear " Activated Carbon

And white wool, cant find package so dont know which type lol :D

Any ideas ? :D

Cayote,
The thing to do would be, send me shrimpy first just incase,. LOLOLOLOL

The cloudyness should clear up with fresh carbon and a SMALL water change. DO NOT do a heavy water change becasue this in most cases makes the tank cloudy.
If the biological bed is disturbed it will just take untill this se astablishes.
Patience me fishie friend. If it is almost clear you should not be far from a totaly clear tank. Now, how long have you run the new carbon for ? If the tank had alot of muck that carbon had to remove it could be loosing it's value.

Danny

Erm first

GET OFF MY SHRIMP ! HE MINE YOUR NOT HAVING HIM ( I go to install alarm on fish tank )

Erm the carbon has been in for 4 - 5 days i think the same time all the filter material was done, small water change ill do that today patients hmm have not much of that where can you buy some from lfs ? lol :D

lol aye cayote he tried to steal him last night but i stopped him :angel:
oooo he'll try anything to get a shrimp but he feeds them to his fish, :rolleyes: oh yes this some times happens when i do a water change it looks cloudy but doe's settle down, :thumbs:

He feeds them ! God how could you, oh the sick things going around that mans head, you need help !

I am emotionaly disturbed now, and i take advice off this bloke ! tich never again

( second alarm gets installed on tank )

Pad lock added also keep off Danny there mine all minew ! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

You keep an eye on him Slt, hope you have a whip to keep him at bay !

Hmm kinky :*)

lol :lol: don't worry cayote i've got it coverd :lol: i no feeding defenceless little shrimpys to fish yes sick :X i told him i'd report him to rcpcf lol :lol:

Sick ! its Twisted "aye" :rolleyes: i dont know what lengths some people will go to for kicks eh Danny Sicko ! :D

lol :lol: :lol: sick yes to true :crazy: ahhh your poor shrimpys must be realy stressd out, :rolleyes:

They have scrathed RIP Danny on the glass, and they have hidden, the poor blighters !

LOLOL....
I wouldn't feed your shrimpy though. He's kool my shrimps that get fed are them ugly looking ghost shrimp. Them I got zillions, trillions, billions.
Speaking of shrimp. fish are hungry.

Looking for master key, fish chin gaurds, head gear, and baby ruth bars to black mail all watching eyes. LOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Danny

*whispers oooo yes he would * hehe :p baby ruth bars humm ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol Danny, you`l need em, lol

Anyway in my other post it says my shrimp keeps beating up mygourmis so it would be a fair fight in your tank lol

Oh yeah MORE FISH TOMORROW ! YIPPEY CANT WAIT

Straight down fish show and Cory`s HELLO ! Flat Tails HELLO ! and Cardinals COME TO DADDY ! :D

Hello to all, In my experience there are 2 common causes for milky water.
The first is overfeeding ---Not Good
The second is bacteria "bloom", This is good as it indicates an aquarium
is recovering its health. I do not recomend filters. The carbon and fluff
type with the air hose. An aquarium is an eco-system. There needs to
be a balance between pretty fish, scavengers, algae eaters, and bacteria.
The only thing you should have to add is fresh water. Oops, you have to add food and fish too. I do keep some ick guard on hand in case the power
goes off and they get cold.
Satek

Well it cant be over feeding, i put in that little, due to only one fish and two shrimps

If you dont want to use filters thats your choice but ill stick with them, dont know any fish that eat bogwood leeching stuff so the filter helped there.

The second is bacteria "bloom", This is good as it indicates an aquarium
is recovering its health.

This sounds good ill go with that one for now lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back