Messy Pleco

fishyscent

Reaction score
umm pleco very good clean up after oscars mess and algae clean up.....up so much mess, eat, crap, eat, crap......is what they all do, is there something I can do to clean the mess up except siphonin every day!!!! my filter don;t seem to pick up the mess they make, since it automatically goes to the gravel and sticks.....I usin a topfin carbon filter, so is there a fish that eats waste and makes it finer for the filter to pick up? snail i heard can do this but I want to clarify this theory.....any catfish can do this or type of fish that eats waste :S eck......cause I dont feel like sihphon the tank every other day.........

HELP!

:fish: Corys are great at clean up...but you can't have corys with that oscar..or snails even. So I guess you're stuck with your daily clean up ritual. :drink:

Catfish and Plec do not waste from animals! I do not know where that information keeps coming form, not sure why anyone wants to believe it true! Would you fancy eating waste! nope didn't think so!

Plecs and catfish have thier own diets, the food is readily available form shops, ie pellets, algae tabs, worms, etc etc no shop i know stock s a product called fish waste -_-
If you dont wnt to look after the tankk every day , why do you have good! Fish are like dogs they not just for that one time a year some live for 20+ years or more.

ok then an easy "no they do not eat waste" would be good, no attitude intended, calm down is what I got to say, I might as well just buy a gravel filter......that is the solution if I do not feel like siphonin every other day.......I like my fish, my oscars, but have no time to clean everyday......Gravel filter good idea?

fishyscent said:
ok then an easy "no they do not eat waste" would be good, no attitude intended, calm down is what I got to say, I might as well just buy a gravel filter......that is the solution if I do not feel like siphonin every other day.......I like my fish, my oscars, but have no time to clean everyday......Gravel filter good idea?
Gravel filters and oscars would be a very bad mix indeed.

Your oscars are in far too small a tank, with far too little filtration and the pleco is just adding insult to injury - those things can grow to 2.5 feet long!

You need to get a 55 gal with a large external canister filter, such as an Eheim.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back