šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

carligraceee

Fishaholic
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

What is wrong with him? Dropsy? Heā€™s been very lethargic for several days and now this is happening... he got bloated over night, is breathing heavily....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Intestinal worms would be my guess, but I'm no expert on fish diseases

@Colin_T

Intestinal worms would be my guess, but I'm no expert on fish diseases

@Colin_T
I have separated him from the tank. He is in a small bowl. He just tried to commit suicide by jumping out so I picked him back up and put something on the top of the bowl. He is swimming erratically every now and then... @Colin_T please help ..

I have separated him from the tank. He is in a small bowl. He just tried to commit suicide by jumping out so I picked him back up and put something on the top of the bowl. He is swimming erratically every now and then... @Colin_T please help ..
I got some more pictures- this is him right now...

Attachments

• DDD3AA59-0315-4823-A020-2C2F8AB27F99.jpeg
    DDD3AA59-0315-4823-A020-2C2F8AB27F99.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 81
  • 65067D7B-ECA5-49E9-B635-D65F11DC8AB3.jpeg
    65067D7B-ECA5-49E9-B635-D65F11DC8AB3.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 72
He's going to die in that bowl, I'd put him back in the tank, if you think he's worth saving

no i have had him for awhile... heā€™s still alive just not swimming around
He's suffocating in an unfiltered tiny bit of water. Ammonia burn possible on his gills, as well.
Again, I'd move him back...then research his symptoms

But, the stress of being in a bowl may make it a moot subject, anyway....sorry

He's suffocating in an unfiltered tiny bit of water. Ammonia burn possible on his gills, as well.
Again, I'd move him back...then research his symptoms

But, the stress of being in a bowl may make it a moot subject, anyway....sorry
i am sorry.. the water in the bowl was from the tank... he just passed away but i would still like to know what he had..

i am sorry.. the water in the bowl was from the tank... he just passed away but i would still like to know what he had..
Sorry for your loss.

I haven't kept livebearers in a very long time, but from what I've read here from several members, livebearers are often victims of internal parasites (worms) that could cause that type of bloating, but again, I'm no disease expert

Sorry for your loss.

I haven't kept livebearers in a very long time, but from what I've read here from several members, livebearers are often victims of internal parasites (worms) that could cause that type of bloating, but again, I'm no disease expert
When he was dead, I chose to see if he was bloated or something (which I doubted). I gently pressed on his abdomen and a small amount of redish stuff came out of him. It looked fluffy but still a liquid and it had a red tint but it was very faint.

His scales were very flared, he was bloating, breathing hard, and had buoyancy issues. @Colin_T I know you have a lot of forums to answer but I would seriously benefit from a diagnosis. I have intestinal worms on the table but I want your opinion as well.

If fish stop eating, do a stringy white poop, bloat up, and their scales stick out, they have an internal bacterial infection and there isn't normally anything you can do for them.

Intestinal worms cause fish to become skinny over a period of time. The fish eat normally but lose weight. If the fish are heavily infested with worms, they can become fat and look like a pregnant guppy. Fish with intestinal worms will also do a stringy white poop.

If fish stop eating, do a stringy white poop, bloat up, and their scales stick out, they have an internal bacterial infection and there isn't normally anything you can do for them.

Intestinal worms cause fish to become skinny over a period of time. The fish eat normally but lose weight. If the fish are heavily infested with worms, they can become fat and look like a pregnant guppy. Fish with intestinal worms will also do a stringy white poop.
Okay, I was waiting patiently for your reply. Thank you.

He had stopped eating but he didn't have any stringy white poop that I remember. He stopped eating, stayed away from the front of the tank, hid from the other fish, became bloated, scales pineconed out, and he started having buoyancy issues.

I was thinking it was a bacterial infection as well, none of my other fish are or have been acting this way.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back