Debbie11

Reaction score
upload_2019-5-25_10-44-37.jpeg

upload_2019-5-25_10-42-25.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-25_10-41-21.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-25_10-41-21.jpeg
    829.2 KB · Views: 131
They are both male dwarf gouramis. Female dwarf gouramis are plain silver, or maybe with a hint of stripes. Females are never as colourful as your photos.

Thank you, the striped one was sold to me as a female.. I do have a small female, here she is.. so the females never have bright colours?
upload_2019-5-25_12-10-2.jpeg

The last one is a female.

I never trust shop workers to be able to tell the difference. I was once told that the powder blue males were the females of the striped male even though the tank also had silver fish in it.

How large is the tank? Dwarf gouramis are among the more aggressive species of gourami so unless your tank is very large you will probably find that one of the males bullies the other.
Can you take one of them back to the shop and exchange it for a real female?

The tank is 180 litres with 6 neons, 5 male guppies, a clown dwarf pleco and a bulldog pleco.. and the 3 gouramis.. I’m not sure if they’ll take it back.. would adding another female work?

don't add more females, 3 males in a big tank should be fine especially if you have some floating plants.

So the two males and one female should all get along? In fact the 5 guppies are bullying the gouramis.. the gouramis seem ok with each other at the moment..

The first 2 are males, the 3rd is a female.

I agree with @essjay , I would never trust store workers, when it comes to telling Male/female in fish. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back