Make or female?

Courts

New Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Points
1
Location
Leigh, England
Hey, I bought my electric blue acara months ago what I tight was a female, but since thought it was a male but now I’m not too sure as it’s been showing breeding behaviour with my bigger male (I know both males can do this) but I’m not sure now..can anyone help? Thanksss
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5611.webp
    IMG_5611.webp
    349.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5612.webp
    IMG_5612.webp
    352.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5616.webp
    IMG_5616.webp
    132.9 KB · Views: 85
This looks like one of those particular cichlids that only a dyed in the wool cichlid aficionado could sex with certainty . I’m not even going to venture a guess .
 
The tip of both dorsal and anal fin look both pointy which females don't have..
 
I first thought male going by the pointy fins but not being familiar with this fish apparently females can also have pointy fins, then I noticed it's breeding tube is down and that is the dead giveaway, it is a female.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top