Male Guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FanOFish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I know nothing about guppies other than they mate like crazy...I'm really not interested in baby guppies.

What I would like to know is if I could add a couple to my existing tank...please see my signature.

I saw some at a lfs that were bright white/yellow with bright orange tails and thought 2 or 3 would be a nice splash of color.

Asking the guppy experts.... :dunno:

As I mentioned in my original note....not interested in baby guppies...therefore I am only interested in male guppies...sorry for the confusion.

a group, or even just a couple, of male guppies is not the best idea. they will get "randy" as someone put it, and will nip and chase each other, and your other fish. they need females to help calm them down. ifyou could get a couple of females instead, that woudl work..................
just my opinion

Thanks Molly....so just to make sure I understand...you are saying it would be ok to add a couple female guppies but not males right?

If that's the case I guess I will have to pass...nothing against the girls but it's the colorful tails on the males that made me even consider it.

thanks again

pondfreak4365 said:
I have successfully kept all male guppies without any problems. I don't keep gouriamis, but the other fish you have should do nicely with guppies. :D
youre one of hte lucky ones then. many people have problems with this.
fanofish, if your lfs is one to take back fish,you could give it a try and see it it goes okay, up to you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back