Male Betta Not Making Bubble Nest - Breeding first time

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Got some frozen bloodworms hes eating them now, hopefully he will build a nest
Should i temporarily remove female from jar?

Did the male show any interest in her? The link below contains some useful tips for breeding Betta.

Did the male show any interest in her? The link below contains some useful tips for breeding Betta.
Yes, constantly flaring at her when i added the female she had horizontal stripes however after about an hour she had vertical stripes, she also has the egg spot thingy on her belly.

Yes, constantly flaring at her when i added the female she had horizontal stripes however after about an hour she had vertical stripes, she also has the egg spot thingy on her belly.
Sometimes it can take a while for the male to build a nest once he's seen the female. I think it mentions in the link that it can take up to 24 hours for him to build a nest after first seeing the female. I know when my Betta Coccina last spawned it took the male at least a day or so to build a nest from when I introduced the female back into the tank and another day before he built the one they eventually used. So you may need to wait before reintroducing her.

I think that will be best. It’s customary to do this for a couple of weeks before breeding. :). Keep us posted!
I have some reptiles so have live locusts and mealworms, are they any good? I have frozen bloodworm, brine shrimp and a mix as well

Hello guys, bit of an update, i dont know if the male betta is trying to build a nest but he goes to the surface and blows some bubbles constantly however they seem to instantly pop, is he trying to or is he just breathing?

Another update: he is going to the surface then breathing bubbles underneath one specific peice of floating material at the top of the tank, he is also hanging around there, is this him building a nest?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back