Making Caves

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hollywoodH

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok peeps at the moment i have a bogwood bit and a arteficial tree stump and lots of plants for the fish to hide in but i want to remove the stump and change it for a cave of rocks. What is the best way to do this???

First : Place hands in tank and remove wood LOLOLOL
Second : get you some pieces of slate, or lg. pieces of river rock and build away. There is an eddless amount of materials you can use for cave making.

Most LPS / LFS carry a wide variety of stuff. Once you remove the wood i am sure there is going to be a cloud of debris which has sat under the wood.I would attemp to remove it slowly that way all the debris doesn't slush around. Once the wood is out if you can, syphon around where the wood use to sit to remove any loose debris that may have gotton trapped while wood was there.
There just that simple. Good luck and enjoy your remodling.
Danny

Wood, you could use marine glue if you want to, but careful selection of your rocks will make it easy to stack them without it. You could also get some clay planter pots and break them in half, them stack rocks on them. This would ward against a collapse.

i used a lot of slate in the end but thanks for your advice it looks the nuts and my new lake malawis love it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back