Lucys Tank Journal

Yah, CO2 & air issues. V.complicated & interesting subject. I think it dep on buffering of water conditions too. Experiments I've made using various (self) calibrated set dKH drop checkers suggest that air does effect my CO2 levels. I do not inject CO2. I live in hard water area.

Interesting to see everyones views, I'm always willing to be educated, by young & old alike....

Andy
 
your fish... perhaps..

neon or cardinal tetra
black tetra
Beacon Fish (one with the spot on the tail)
danios (stripy ones)

Classic mix of peaceful community fish.

Any takers?
 
Just checking, your tank is 270Lites (not including that thing in the middle)?

Andy
 
Less volume carved out by the thing in the middle that I'm guessing removes 15L... so about a rounded total of 250L.

Don't let that lot fall on your tootsies when it's full of water! :shout:
 
That middle bit thing is not some functional part of some kind of under gravel filter system is it? On the subject, UGF's are quite an old fashioned approach to fish keeping and DEFINATELY NOT suitable for a planted tank.

Regardless, I'd be getting my stanley knife out very carefully & cutting it out TBH. Cannot think of a single good reason to keep it in there really, can you ask the previous owner as to it's function.

No point in having it in there taking up space & looking ugly in my mind...

Andy
 
edit: its not an UGF
It in-itself is not an UGF, but it may be feeding such a system was my thinking there. I've seen some wierd stuff in my time.

its where the UV unit attaches too
If that's the case then its not needed. I see NO reason for it therefore WHAT-SO-EVER.

UV get plumded in-line from filter thus:
Inlet pipe in tank -> hose -> UV filter -> hose -> filter unit -> hose -> outlet pipe / spray bar back into tank.

Would you be preparted to remove the central thingy if we thought it unnecessary?

Andy
 
LET ME SAY THIS AND I WILL NOT SA IT AGAIN!

The water goes through the slits in the top of this "Sticky out part" fills up the compartment, goes down the black tube into the UV unit and comes back up the white tube and gets sprinkled out!!!
 
LET ME SAY THIS AND I WILL NOT SA IT AGAIN!

The water goes through the slits in the top of this "Sticky out part" fills up the compartment, goes down the black tube into the UV unit and comes back up the white tube and gets sprinkled out!!!
i know, and im saying you should use it :lol:
that way you dont have an ugly intake strainer in the tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top