Lucky, the Tail-less Wonder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BettaMomma

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Just when I thought I'd seen it all....
This poor little guy had been getting shoved to the side so everyone could find the "pretty" betta boys.., you could tell - he was sitting off to the edge, kind of separated and away from all the pretty bettas. I knew I had to have him. I think he's gorgeous, regardless of what he looks like. :wub:

This might be my biggest rehab challenge to date.
I plan to post progress pics.

Without further adue.... Here's "Lucky, the Tail-less Wonder"...
lucky.jpg

ps - he looks very depressed in this photo, but he's not. He's very happy go lucky and swimming around perfectly fine. He's also eating like a HOG. It's obvious, though, that he's only recently lost his tail - cuz you can tell he wags his butt trying to find his tail and it's just not there. Wish us luck with the regrowth :)

awww he is so cute...he has no tail at all form your other pist i thought you ment it was just raggy!Or well as long as he is happy and enjoyin lif.i think it makes him special.....well done for saving him :hooray: Hope his tail grows back

I just adore him. :rolleyes:

I wish he could talk.
I'd sit down with him for hours so he could tell me the story of how he got this way.
Or... maybe i don't want to know. :/

I bet he's so active right now cause he's excited that he was rescued. Best of luck with the re-growth! We'll be here gobbling up all the details :D

Sidenote- there are some things that we're better off not knowing. :/ Lest we be forced to lose *that* much more faith in people.

Yep - he's going totally tail-less!
Man, he's staring at his new tank and can't WAIT to get into it.
It's only a little 1 gallon - it's all I could do over lunch today.
He'll have his own 2.5G tank eventually, but really frequent water changes will be much easier with this teeny tiny one.

Progress photos will come :)

Anyone have any suggestions for me, other than of course clean water with some salt in it? His gills look like they might be a tad infected so I might dose him up on something - but I'll decide that once I get him into the tank and see him under some good lighting.

SuckerLove86 said:
Sidenote- there are some things that we're better off not knowing. :/ Lest we be forced to lose *that* much more faith in people.
I completely agree, couldn't have said it any better!

He's been in his tank for 3 minutes and he's flaring already! Must be pretty healthy except for that missing body part. heh
He's got gorgeous coloration under the light, too - his body is pineapple color and his fins (the ones he HAS) are bright red.

What a super cutie boy. B)

HEY, anyone know how long it will be before I can expect to start seeing some regrowth on his tail?? It's pretty cleanly cut off so I don't know how long it's been done - couldn't have been too long or it would have started to grow back by now.

awwww, he really is adorable but that is so sad. I bet hes glad to have a momma like you!!! I'm rooting for you Lucky!

I gotta say - when I first saw him, my adrenaline kicked in and I wanted to go on a rampage to the front and find someone - anyone that I could completely torment verbally. Because this is just completely ridiculous. I honestly have no idea how this could have happened except by someone's sheer stupidity, neglect or...?
But... I took a few deep breaths, carefully restacked the cups so he was stuck way in the back, and went home happily knowing full well that he'd be waiting for me when I got there over lunch today.

...and he was. :wub:

He's chasing airstone bubbles right now. :p

There was a betta at petsmart with half his tail gone, but NO tail at all?! :p That is what my paradise fish looked like after a night in the same 10 gallon with my betta, he died the next day after I tried treating him. :-( Although my paradise fish was worse, his "stub" had bite marks and chews in it as well. :no:

Sounds like he is having a ball in his 1 gallon! Both my my Petsmart boys are flaring like crazy. My little rainbow boy (I call him that because he his ALL kinds of colors on him lol) has his gill thing like sticking out from his regular gills. the thing they flare with. It is like super-sized so it hangs out all the time. It is black so when he flares he looks amazing! :hyper:

Forgot to get the camera from boyfriend's apartment, but will probably do that tonight. :thumbs:

I am thinking I have a betta chance of finding a bubble-nest in atleast ONE of my tanks. :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back