Lucky, the Tail-less Wonder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi BettaMomma,

Just found this thread and have read the whole thing in like 20 minutes! Your last post was over two weeks ago - what's the latest?? Geez, it's like getting involved in a soap opera... ;)

Thanks for asking!
His tail is still growing back very nicely - it's about 1/4" long now.
Sorry I don't have a pic, I haven't been snapping many photos lately.
I'll try to get one up tomorrow, but I can't guarantee.
He in ONE tough little fish.

I've been meaning to get some of that stuff.
I might just order it today, in fact.

I have wanted to try it on my 2 boys at home with HORRIBLE fin conditions.

Thanks...

Another theory, one that has kinda been said. I work at a nice little pet store and we have bettas in cups(I know, I know...). When I clean them I have to be so careful around the edges of the cups because they are RAZOR sharp. I have lots of little papercut like cuts on me from the dang cups. So if Lucky got stuck between the lid and the edge of the cup...it COULD creat a really clean cut like that. I mean on one of my fingers the cup sliced a good half-inch strip of skin off, so sharp that it didnt bleed till a few seconds later. :unsure:

hmmm... good theory. My guess was that he probably got a cut from some rocks or decors in the place. He wasn't born without a tail because it is regrowing.

I am not quite sure, but if you had read the post, I do believe BettaMomma would have said somewhere that Lucky came from a cup. Of course, I have no time to read this post again, but I do believe that Lucky came from a cup and there aren't any decorations or rocks in those.

BettaMomma, correct me If I'm wrong.

Skylar

You are correct.
He came from a nasty little cup at WalMart. Until he came to live with me, he had no decor or rocks to get hurt on.
Our best guess came to that we think his tail did, in fact, get snapped in the lid somehow and he either wriggled himself free, ripping his tail off, or he was in a fight with another betta. That, though, is less likely because none of the rest of his fins were damaged so we have kinda resorted to the "tail got snapped in the lid" kind of thing.

I decided to take Lucky home and give him a nice new tank - it's a 2.5G tank with a heater so he's at a steady 78 degrees, with some live cabomba and a cute little rock cave. I am very proud to say that this morning when I went and did rounds to feed my boys before I left for work, he had made me a fabulously beautiful bubblenest. His first one EVER. Just today. I think he likes his new home.

Wow, was it just beautiful. :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back