Lucky, the Tail-less Wonder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

When I was changing Angus's water a couple days ago, I scooped him out with a net and put him in a cup about half-full of water with no lid as I figured he wouldn't jump THAT high. So I was filling up his bowl and washing the gravel around when all of a sudden I look in the sink and there is Angus! We have a kind of metal protecter thing in the sink so it is only 3 small slots in the sink to drain the water so nothing can get lost in there. But the slots are like about the width of Angus's body. He was flipping and flopping around everywhere and I just prayed he wouldn't sink through one of those holes. I grabbed him with my hands in panic and shock and tossed him back into his cup. He then got a paper plate with holes poked in it over his cup. :shifty:

littlefishie said:
Well, let me know what your favourite pic of him is.. I feel some Photoshop creativity coming on.. ;)
LOL
Do you do animations?
Maybe we can see if we can do an animated image of his tail growing back from all the images I'm going to have..
heh

Raechal said:
When I was changing Angus's water a couple days ago, I scooped him out with a net and put him in a cup about half-full of water with no lid as I figured he wouldn't jump THAT high. So I was filling up his bowl and washing the gravel around when all of a sudden I look in the sink and there is Angus! We have a kind of metal protecter thing in the sink so it is only 3 small slots in the sink to drain the water so nothing can get lost in there. But the slots are like about the width of Angus's body. He was flipping and flopping around everywhere and I just prayed he wouldn't sink through one of those holes. I grabbed him with my hands in panic and shock and tossed him back into his cup. He then got a paper plate with holes poked in it over his cup. :shifty:
Talk about a heart attack, eh?
Now, just imagine watching him slither thru the holes and then GONE.
I screamed at the top of my lungs then whipped the cabinet doors open and ripped the pipes off. I was HORRIFIED. Luckily I could get him out or I'd have cried my eyes out.

He's swimmin around in his little tank this morning just as happy as ever. thank GOD.

I'm never taking them out of their tanks again.
I'm going to start doing gravel vacuums now.
It's just not worth it.

BettaMomma said:
littlefishie said:
Well, let me know what your favourite pic of him is.. I feel some Photoshop creativity coming on.. ;)
LOL
Do you do animations?
Maybe we can see if we can do an animated image of his tail growing back from all the images I'm going to have..
heh
I could if I tried, I suppose.. just have to get the tutorial book off of my grandfather, which isn't difficult. I've never done it with Photoshop, I'm used to PSP Animation.

That'd be so cool to do something like that.. the only thing I can think of is going insane from adding new tail growth to the image every day! :lol:

Ehh, it's not like I have a life.. :*)

Here he is on day #12:
AprilLucky.jpg

There's another separate post that i just posted to that has all the days' pics on it too! :)

JUst good clean water, stress coat and a tiny pinch of salt.
I've been trying to do water changes every 2 - 3 days just to keep it nice and sparkly clean.
He's a feisty sassy little bugger so I'm sure his spite is just helping that tail grow!
:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back