Lucky, the Tail-less Wonder

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

That's great that his tail is trying to grow back. I have to say that he is a beautiful betta without it either way. I'm sure he'll look twice as stunning with a tail than without one. Good luck :thumbs:

mm_simb said:
That's great that his tail is trying to grow back. I have to say that he is a beautiful betta without it either way. I'm sure he'll look twice as stunning with a tail than without one. Good luck :thumbs:
Thanks !
His coloring is really pretty. I'd probably have chosen him as a regular pet fish, had I been under different non-rescue circumstances, and he not been tail-less.

:)

Maybe he was one of those unforotunate victims of being placed in a cup with another betta...I have seen that happen at Wal-mart from time to time.

That could be.
But would/could his entire tail be ripped off that cleanly by another fish?
And wouldn't the trauma of that have been really too much for him?

Aaaah, who knows - I'll just take pics regularly and eventually post a little diary on a site somewhere.

Lucky little Lucky. :rolleyes:

May I hypothesize?
It sounds horrible, but maybe in transition from one cup to another, or putting the lid on, his tail just got caught up in it.

Anyhow, best of luck! Glad to hear he's doing well.

The fact that none of his other fins were affected leads me to belive it was a person not another fish. I would be calling and on a rampage right now. :grr:

FishyLoveBug said:
The fact that none of his other fins were affected leads me to belive it was a person not another fish. I would be calling and on a rampage right now. :grr:
Don't tempt me.
:shifty:

Actually, I can guarantee that SOMEONE from WalMart somewhere, sometime will hear from me. The story is way too completely (pardon the pun) fishy to be just a horrible "accident". I'm still planning my approach. But it is in the works, trust me! ;)

When I first got him, I just kind of wrote off putting anything into his water like MF or anything because I thought he had just been born that way. I never expected his tail to start growing back. Yesterday when I was in, I didn't have anything to really toss in there at the office. I have a little bag of goodies to take in when I go tomorrow to give him his water change - like salt and stresscoat. I haven't exactly figured out what else I'll add in. I think we'll just go with some good clean sparkly water from daily water changes, a pinch of salt and some stresscoat. I like to go natural. If I happen to see anything sneaking up on him, I'll go for something a little bit stronger. :)

transposia - I suppose that could happen. I'm not quite sure how - like maybe his tail got accidentally snapped into the lid and he got so panicky he shook himself around and ripped his tail off. BUT... how the heck would it get ripped off that clean? Ya know? I have a sneeeeeaky suspicion that something sinister took place. Where animals are concerned (ESPECIALLY where WalMart is also concerned) I don't trust people any farther than I could toss them down the aisle after they torked me off.

50,000 - thanks! My parents think I'm completely nuts, but they love all of my pets just as much as I do. :wub:

That's amazing BettaMomma, you will have to keep the pictures coming as he continues to regrow his tail. I think it's an excellent sign that he's already showing new growth in the short time you've had him :nod:

Haiku said:
That's amazing BettaMomma, you will have to keep the pictures coming as he continues to regrow his tail. I think it's an excellent sign that he's already showing new growth in the short time you've had him :nod:
Me too!
I can't wait to go in tomorrow to see if it's doubled in size.
lol

Most reactions

Back