Lucky, the Tail-less Wonder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Exactly! :)
He's a very hyper active little guy - and I'm sure that long flowing tail is just added extra weight to them. He doesn't seem to have any problems maneuvering around either. I"m excited to see the progress he goes thru with regrowing it.

BUT - he swims around and now while it's growing back you can see he has twinges of pain every now and then. I'd like to go snip something off of someone, somewhere in retaliation for Lucky having to go thru this. Althought I'm not sure who, if anyone, is to blame. :dunno:

Day 4 progress pics :D :
regrow2.jpg

regrow1.jpg

regrow3.jpg

He seems like it's bugging him. He swims around once in a while like he's got pain in his tail. Is there anything I can do for him in that respect? Like pain meds for a fish? I'm pretty sure not, but I just feel bad for the poor little guy.

Has he lost all his tail, he look like he's been cut in half, will he survive.

Wilder said:
Has he lost all his tail, he look like he's been cut in half, will he survive.
Yep!
His tail was hacked off by someone, or something....
I wasn't sure when I got him if it had been taken off or if he was born that way. But, now that I've had him for 4 days, his tail has already started to grow back with some sparkly clean water, salt and some TLC. :wub:

I'm determined to try to find out how this happened!

That's awful poor thing, hope he makes it, i bet you feel like a nurse with all the hospital tanks.

OH

MY

GOD

I am in COMPLETE shock and horror.
I was just giving Lucky a water change and he decided to SAIL into the air - he jumped right out of his tank that was a good 2" below the top line - and right into the sink and right down the drain. :blink:

I immediately threw open the doors under the sink and literally ripped the pipes off, water gushed everywhere and out popped Lucky.!!!!! Oh dear god - I picked him back up and put him back into his half filled tank. He is swimming around okay but the goop, crap and gunk that was in the sink could NOT have done him any good.

God, I feel sooooo horrible.
he really really earned his name today.
:-(
Hopefully he'll be okay.

Okay, so I have calmed down a little bit. he's back in his regular spot in his safe little tank and he seems to be back to normal.

I suppose after having his tail ripped off, what's a trip down the old drain pipe eh??

thank GOD i'm at the office today and had plastic pipes that came loose pretty easily. had we been at home he'd have been a goner.
I could not even begin to imagine him jumping that distance but he FLEW.
I guess he's probably terrified of people, and even more so now.

ALL the more reason for me to just do water changes using the nice save little tube to suck the water out along with occasional vacuum gravelings.

whew - I am pretty sure my blood pressure has gone up several points today.

NOW i'm off to mop up all the water and gunk left on the breakroom floor.
:X

O...m....g....

He's definitely got the appropriate name! :hyper:

I lost one like that, the pipes wouldn't come apart.. though I bet your boss might not have been pleased about having to rip the pipes apart.. :crazy:

But Lucky survived! Damn, he deserves like, Betta of the Year award or something!

littlefishie said:
O...m....g....

He's definitely got the appropriate name! :hyper:

I lost one like that, the pipes wouldn't come apart.. though I bet your boss might not have been pleased about having to rip the pipes apart.. :crazy:

But Lucky survived! Damn, he deserves like, Betta of the Year award or something!
You aren't kidding.
Wow, this little guy has been through the mill.
I need to get him a little bit bigger tank than the measley little 1G tank he's in now. He seems like he's perfectly happy, but he deserves something bigger.

And YEP, he really does deserve an award ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back