looking for a good lfs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kittybug

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can anyone either recommend a good lfs in las vegas, nv or tell me how to find one. the petco and petsmart by my house have both pissed me off with poor customer service and even poorer quality of stock. :no:

i used yellow pages online to find lfs that are closest to my house

I did what aquarius did when I moved to phoenix. You just have to start going to different lfs till you find the right one. I have also found that not all petsmarts are bad. So one might be rotten but check out other stores you never know.

i did go to a couple different petsmarts and petcos but havent really found a good one. the only store i found with a good selection of fish charges more then anywhere ive senn either in town or online. im beginning to think that buying online may be the way to do it. i did a search online and found 2 stores to check out. im going to do that today, and i will report back

well the hunt was unsuccesful. went to one pet shop that when i called told me they sold fish but didnt. pretty pissed about that because it was all the way on the other side if town. hit a petsmart and petco over in that area too. the petsmart had a dead fish or two in almost every single tank. i cant beleive people buy fish there. also the woman that works there let a famiy leave with about 15 fish to put in a tank that hasnt been cycled. i heard them tell her and she still let them. As soon as i saw that and all the dead fish i knew i wouldn't be shopping there. So frustrateing. GRRR

The petsmart near my house is fairly cheap and has some pretty decent fish. I got my swordtails from there a month ago and they have already had babies. My tank was cycled and i added 4 australian rainbow fish 2 days ago..and 2 snails. My pleco wasnt doing his job well enough!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back