Looking for a 55 gallon aquarium hood...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Brinn2397

Reaction score
Iā€™m having no luck finding a 55 gallon hood. Does anyone know of sites that have any kind of 55 gal hood or does anyone have diy suggestions??? Thank you

Iā€™m having no luck finding a 55 gallon hood. Does anyone know of sites that have any kind of 55 gal hood or does anyone have diy suggestions??? Thank you
Hi and welcome to the forum :hi:

I would recommend a Perspex sheet. Most companies design them to size if you send them measurements through.

I didnā€™t like the lighting that came with my tank hood so I removed it, and replaced it with a Perspex sheet. I now have an overhead light on my tank thatā€™s much stronger.

Best of luck.

Finding hoods for tanks is becoming more difficult, probably because there are now so many lighting options. I know I went through this with my 40g I bought three years ago.

The easiest option is a glass cover unit which you can get for any of the basic aquarium dimensions. These sit down inside the frame on the lip that runs around the tank opening. Then find the lighting unit you want which sits across the tank frame above the glass cover.

The glass cover sets will have some sort of hinge so the front third will open up; this is what I have on my 40g and 10g tanks. Or with a 4-foot tank you are more likely to find the glass cover sets that are four rectangular panes of glass with plastic runners to sit inside the frame on the ends and one across the middle; I have this on my 4-foot 70g and 90g tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back