This guy came to my bird feeder this morning.
I have had as many as 12 in the yard at once, and my husband found out why you don't leave lawn mowers out in the yard, the cockies found the padded handle bar on the mower irristable and chewed great chunks out of the padding
. I also get galahs, usually only 4, a pair of short billed corellas, red wing parrots, pale headed parrots, double bar finches occasionally chestnut breasted finches, nut meg mennikins (intorduced), peaceful doves, turtle doves (introduced), sparrows (introduced). And birds that don't attend the feeder but still frequent my yard are magpies, peewees, willy wagtails, rufous wagtails, spangled drongos, blue faced honey eaters, king fishers, and a Harrier that I wish wouldn't visit and attack my avairy.
I have had as many as 12 in the yard at once, and my husband found out why you don't leave lawn mowers out in the yard, the cockies found the padded handle bar on the mower irristable and chewed great chunks out of the padding
. I also get galahs, usually only 4, a pair of short billed corellas, red wing parrots, pale headed parrots, double bar finches occasionally chestnut breasted finches, nut meg mennikins (intorduced), peaceful doves, turtle doves (introduced), sparrows (introduced). And birds that don't attend the feeder but still frequent my yard are magpies, peewees, willy wagtails, rufous wagtails, spangled drongos, blue faced honey eaters, king fishers, and a Harrier that I wish wouldn't visit and attack my avairy.
. We have (or had) a feral population of chipmunks in Sydney, don't know if they are still there but I think their food sources would be pretty limited to spreading out further. Plus Brush Tail Possums would beat the hell out of them. We don't seem to have brush tail possums in my area, and it's something I miss, although I don't miss the football games played across the roof in the middle of the night, or the loud growling and grunting the males do when proclaiming their territory. Trust me in the dead of night, sound asleep and a male possum starting up near your window can scare the gerbeegees out of you.
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgCl5_3z1GU&feature=related






