Look Who Visited Me

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

have to agree that cockatoos are great pets, but you really have to spend a LOT of time with them. if they get bored or stressed they can become noisy, destructive, aggressive and worse feather plucking. I used to have 4 galahs three that could not fly (wild birds with incurable injuries) and a fourth one that we kept her wing clipped. The four of them used to raom around the yard together and our neighbours never realised we even had 1 let alone 4. Some cockatoos like the Umberalla cockatoo (similar to the one in the vid) are renound for the males killing the hens.

I had a rianbow lorrikeet, absolutely NUTS, but she was a riot to have, I had warned my husband when Cheekie first came home that she would be a laugh a minute and she didn't fail to prove me correct. She used to eat food off our plates, chase the cats away from their food bowl, hop in the shower with me and have a bath on my head, she would bite you and then laugh about it as she bounced away and also blew raspberries at you.

Their are green parrots in the town next to me, it gets below freezing and I don't know how they survive, my sis saw some the other day, I've seen them too, they are beautiful

My Galahs used to talk in fact kalang the first one taught Darlin his later mate how to talk, his favourite words where, "Washing", "What cha doin?", "Lizabeth" - which he would either call out loudly or whisper, "Kiss or Give us a Kiss", "Scratchhhh" - very plantive, "Goodnight" - which he would say softly as you put him and Darlin to bed, and "Merry Christmas" as well as "Peek-a-boo" which he played with you through a hole he and Darlin had chewed through thier night time cover. As nice as he was he could also be a bit pysco and one day I heard my husband calling out for help, I went outside to see Hubby tettering on the low edge of a retaining wall with Kalang marching along the ground beneath him. Kalang had decided to attack Hubby and wouldn't let him back off the ledge. I had a good :lol: :rofl: and then gave Kalang his time out treatment of having a bucket put over him. You would hear all sorts of angry language coming out from the bucket but once he had settled down and changed his mind set, you could let him back out and he would be all lovey dovey again. kalang once took a chunk out of my bottom lip, so I think getting your feet bitten by him was tame.

Some more visitors.

A pair of Galahs, they wouldn't turn around and show off their pretty pink breasts unfortunately

P1040805.jpg

P1040808.jpg

Under the feeder is a native Peaceful dove and in the background an introduced turtleneck dove.

Size differance.
P1040810.jpg

Hopefully the redwings will come tomorrow and you'll get to see those stunners.

Well the redwings didn't come today (or not that I saw) but a couple of rainbow lorries did. These guys are such bullies I have seen them chase away sulpher crested cockatoos :hyper: .
Any way enjoy.

P1040850.jpg

The small doves are native Peaceful Doves and the larger darker ones are the introduced Turtlenecked doves.

P1040854.jpg

P1040867.jpg

They do look a tad evil :devil: with their red eyes and they can be down right evil but they are also hilarious :rofl: to have as pets and funny to see when wild ones are drunk on fermenting fruit and nectar. Still hoping the male red wing will turn up or even the short billed corellas.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back