Longtime Reader, First Time Member

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I put my white clouds outside last year and they did fine. The downside is that they aren't easy to see from above. Your gold whiteclouds should stand out better. Mine didn't breed in the tub as far as I know but spawned as soon as I brought them back inside.

I bought some half whisky barrels for the garden and lined them and the white clouds are going out again in a week or so. I have a tank of colombian tetras with loads of babies and juveniles . I'm going to try them outside too. It will be like a little holiday for them.
Those are some interesting scenarios. I hope somebody gives me fry. Maybe the Rice Fish.

Oooh. I love rice fish! I hope to keep some Medakas in the future. :)
Medaka was my first choice. Unfortunately I can not find them locally and don’t want to have them shipped. So the ones I have are Daisy’s Rice fish. Actually from Indonesia . But you know what ? They are awesome little fish. The glowing blue eyes are amazing.

I have algae in my outdoor ponds but I keep them in the shade and surprisingly the tadpoles that are in there realley help with the algae and my wild mollies love it outside. I have like 4 of the beautifull sailfin males and they are bright blue and stand out alot in the ponds. I have alot of females and they are getting realley big and I am hoping to see some fry soon. I dident think that I would like outdoor ponds that much but they are so cool because I get to watch my tank raised platys enjoy eating new things like bugs and it is so cool to have lots of plants in their and the good thing is ponds dont need alot of maintenance. The tadpoles I have turn into frogs and they swim all over and climb on the rocks and they can leave the pond whenever they want but they stay because they like the habitat alot.

I have algae in my outdoor ponds but I keep them in the shade and surprisingly the tadpoles that are in there realley help with the algae and my wild mollies love it outside. I have like 4 of the beautifull sailfin males and they are bright blue and stand out alot in the ponds. I have alot of females and they are getting realley big and I am hoping to see some fry soon. I dident think that I would like outdoor ponds that much but they are so cool because I get to watch my tank raised platys enjoy eating new things like bugs and it is so cool to have lots of plants in their and the good thing is ponds dont need alot of maintenance. The tadpoles I have turn into frogs and they swim all over and climb on the rocks and they can leave the pond whenever they want but they stay because they like the habitat alot.
That’s great ! Yes they are a ton of fun!

I have a garden pond in my patio. I live in Texas so winters are not too harsh. My goldfish live outdoors year around. I put a de-icer in the pond in the winter just in case we have a freeze. I also cover the pond at night in the winter and only leave a hole for oxygen exchange. Summers are hot so I keep a fan on the pond during July and August so evaporation can help cool the pond down. Glad to have another pond owner on the forum! :). Here’s a pic of my pond.
83F186BB-732A-4857-9E29-D0C6A725D2EC.jpeg

I have a garden pond in my patio. I live in Texas so winters are not too harsh. My goldfish live outdoors year around. I put a de-icer in the pond in the winter just in case we have a freeze. I also cover the pond at night in the winter and only leave a hole for oxygen exchange. Summers are hot so I keep a fan on the pond during July and August so evaporation can help cool the pond down. Glad to have another pond owner on the forum! :). Here’s a pic of my pond. View attachment 105987
Ermm, Alligators in water !? :rofl:

I have a garden pond in my patio. I live in Texas so winters are not too harsh. My goldfish live outdoors year around. I put a de-icer in the pond in the winter just in case we have a freeze. I also cover the pond at night in the winter and only leave a hole for oxygen exchange. Summers are hot so I keep a fan on the pond during July and August so evaporation can help cool the pond down. Glad to have another pond owner on the forum! :). Here’s a pic of my pond. View attachment 105987
That looks like so much fun! I wish we had warmer weather to be honest. I am hoping for a move south in the not too distant future.

Sooo cool!
I have WCMMinnows, what say you about the gold?
I was originally trying to only get gold because I just wanted to be able to see them more easily. These are pretty cool, but very young yet. They act like babies so far. No schooling, scattered all over picking at stuff. Whereas the older WC (normal color) act more like a schooling fish. We will see how things turn out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back