Longtime Reader, First Time Member

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I was originally trying to only get gold because I just wanted to be able to see them more easily. These are pretty cool, but very young yet. They act like babies so far. No schooling, scattered all over picking at stuff. Whereas the older WC (normal color) act more like a schooling fish. We will see how things turn out.
So far I actually like the wild coloration better

So far I actually like the wild coloration better

Welcome

I agree,.the males get so bronzed.
Kinda like bronze and pink tetras...and that killer tail

My LFS had a couple dozen of the gold ones, I was watching, but they didn't really grow alot. When I see more WCMMs I'll likely get a half dozen more i am passing on the gold ones for now

Welcome

I agree,.the males get so bronzed.
Kinda like bronze and pink tetras...and that killer tail

My LFS had a couple dozen of the gold ones, I was watching, but they didn't really grow alot. When I see more WCMMs I'll likely get a half dozen more i am passing on the gold ones for now
Well I mean, you can always try them out by getting another tank. Who DOESN'T need another tank!? :)

Well I mean, you can always try them out by getting another tank. Who DOESN'T need another tank!? :)
I don't, for sure. I have a couple fry so we'll see. I won't get the gold ones. They never got big. I'm going to the LFS today and see how they look since last time. I usually post pictures on Friday from my fish store visit.

Golden White Clouds and Regular White Clouds are some of my favorite fish. I have golden’s in my community tank.
I've seen gold ones that were healthy and they were gorgeous.
I can't buy anything, nothing, just First Bites nothing else, nope nothing....

Hi Deanasue - What temperature did you keep them at? I'm always curious about that.
I use to keep them at about 77 but now I have all cooler water so I dropped temp down to 74F. They are happier in the cooler water. I probably should just turn off the heater in that tank.

I use to keep them at about 77 but now I have all cooler water so I dropped temp down to 74F. They are happier in the cooler water. I probably should just turn off the heater in that tank.
Interesting! Sometimes the surface of my tub pond goes up to 82-84, I haven't been able to get a good reading off the bottom, but I assume its a few degrees cooler. They seem as active as ever though.

I hope I'm replying or posting to the right area, but just to let everyone know, I have fry in my pond. I believe for sure there are daisy's rice fish babies (blue eyes) and I'm about 60% sure there are zebra danio babies (the smallest fry I've ever seen in my life). Sorry I've been busy taking care of my 8 month pregnant wife! She's about ready to pop.

I just removed all my heaters.
I keep a small one in one corner of my 20g
opposite from the outflow for fish that might be cold. There are also several plants around that area. I keep my AC pretty high to save money so everyone should be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back