Long Tedious Threads...

how do you feel about long winded responses? ;)
 
its much the same a long winded question really imo. as long as the problem is found/sorted id rather have a long useful answer than a short useless 1 .
 
OK then... How about we change the reply system to a multiple choice of 'yes', 'no', and 'maybe'? Sorts out your problem all pukka like.

[/sarcasm]
 
how do you feel about long winded responses? ;)

IMO,.... (That is you Collin).... Yes... the answer can be discriptive and elaborating to make sure the OP understands exactly what you're saying.... We all have to read the question, But only those whom may have an interest in the reply, can decide for themselves how much of it they will or want to absorb..... very good question and befitting the subject.
 
Very interesting thread.
Yep we ramble on from time to time , I consider my self a newbie to :good: And I am very very great full for the kind and wise advise I have received here on this forum.

There is another side to this ....... Oh yes :nod:

The lesser known over the top check me out I know more than you in a condescending manor how dam clever am I answer. "well that is what I call them"

Fortunately they are not posted all that often but from time to time the answer is a whole lot worse than the stupid question and very SAD to no names no pack drill just trying to show the other side to this post ................ No ones perfect ?
 
I'm guilty of producing long winded quesions :blush: But i'd rather that i give enough info and opinions so that when someone reply's they actually know what is going on. Maybe i could be more to the point but it's how i write, and if someone skips my thread because fo the length of text then too bad so sad for me. I'm not offended by it, maybe i won't get a quick respose but usually when i do get one its exactly what i want to know.


Good point though some threads (mine) can be made shorter and more to the point but to what extent? When does the point form become too small too basic? Facts only no opinion no judgment no feeling?

eg. Fish. Can i have one? two? three?

I know im exagerating but still i think opinions and feeling are important to this hobby and so if people skip over a long winded thread so be it.

I could continue talking in circles but i'll change my ways for this thread and stop typing... stop typing...

hopefully i put enough breaks in there for those who read aloud so they could catch a breath. Have a good day and next time ill keep it brief er.

Ben
 
Well said Darkerwhite2 .

IMO this forum like most on the web is not just about getting answers to problems its about interacting with people who have the same interest as you and taking that into consideration a bit of a laugh a bit of banter and some friendly text in these correspondents from time to time is not just important but vital well I think it is :lol:

As you mentioned if someone decides to skip over any of our posts because it has to much text in it well that's there Wright to do so as it is ours to type aimlessly on :lol: live and let live i say the world is far to serious as it is :good:
 
And what, pray, about the short annoying threads?

They're like a broken pencil.

Pointless.



Se a vida e. Live with it.

I agree, if everyone just posted there question with no details people would moan that they have to ask the same questions over and over again such as "tank specs"

I'd rather have too much info than too little.

seconded.
 
Yep. You're right. Every single thread should be 15 words or less from now on. I'd bring this up in the Board Suggestions Forum, I'm sure there is a software add-in to limit the maximum number of word or characters any post can be.

Also, there should no longer be any books. If the topic of the book cannot be summarized into a magazine article, then it isn't worth reading in the first place. And, of course, it should only be a 1 page magazine article. If it is just a sidebar, all the better. Everything that needs to be said or read about any topic anywhere should be shrunk to 100 words.

[/end sarcasm]

OK, I think you can tell that I think that this a pretty terrible idea. Not every subject can be condensed. Sometimes things take more than 1 or 2 sentences to discuss. I certainly can be a long-winded as anyone, but I for one like to know as much information about a topic as possible and like to long well-written well-thought-out posts. Rather than a short incomplete post that doesn't address many of the relevant issues at all.

Overall, it takes all kinds to make a forum work. It is good to have some people who are short and straight to the point, and some people who write a lot. Different people are going to want different things, and having different people write in different ways is what makes forums great.
 
:good: Bignose! :good:

I hope that reply was short enough! :lol:
 
LOL to Bignose's post :)

and I did it in 15 words or less
 

Most reactions

Back
Top