Long Tedious Threads...

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I know I'm also guilty of this one, but sometimes, when I open a thread & it's got more than 3 words in it, I lose interest when a long tedious (irrelavant) description follows to describe the situation leading up to a basic question....

I do agree that some situations need a bit of background to understand where you're coming from, but ...... I'd say keep it simple (as possible) & get to the point..... (you'll get a lot more response that way)..... I did say I'm also guilty of just that!
 
You lost me after guilty ................;)

Seriously I know what you mean.... They tell you what they had for breakfast before you understand their problem....

Personally I like the use of bullet points....Let's keep it concise people!
 
I don't see a real problem with it. It may take a little more patience to read, but is that a bad thing? I may be guilty of it, i can't remeber when though! If writing that way is the best way for that individual to get his/her point across, then so be it.
 
Exactly.. This is here so we can communicate, there is no point shortening what we have to say to keep a few people happy.

If you don't like the look of three paragraphs then don't read it.
 
but some of the stuff people put is pointless drab, and it gets annoying to read all of it instead of getting to the point, i think thats what ludwig is trying to get across
 
And what, pray, about the short annoying threads?

They're like a broken pencil.

Pointless.



Se a vida e. Live with it.
 
And what, pray, about the short annoying threads?

They're like a broken pencil.

Pointless.



Se a vida e. Live with it.

I agree, if everyone just posted there question with no details people would moan that they have to ask the same questions over and over again such as "tank specs"

I'd rather have too much info than too little.
 
the experts are guilty of causing this ludwig. after all how often do you see a short simple posting only for the forums experts to ask for more info etc?
 
I'm guilty!!!!!

if a topic is more than 5 lines it rarely read it. I have dylexia though so reading that much takes me ages on it's own!!!!
Also if a topic has more that 5 replys i pass on by thinking someone must of answered correctly by now!
 
If you don't like the look of three paragraphs then don't read it.

There are some discussions of this nature going on from time to time (on this forum), and I always appreciate when such (potential) controversial subjects remains a discussion, with each posting just stating their point of view without attacks or threats.....

I was merely suggesting that a "to the point" posting, will be subject to a wider variety of meaningfull answers to your own advantage.... Don't you think so??
 
i agree to a point ludwig that the info should be kept relative to the question/discussion but surely when asking for help the more info you can give the better as this 1stly gives the experts more to go on and 2ndly greatly increases the chance of getting the advice you need and therefore the correct sollution to your problem
 
I'm guilty!!!!!

if a topic is more than 5 lines it rarely read it. I have dylexia though so reading that much takes me ages on it's own!!!!
Also if a topic has more that 5 replys i pass on by thinking someone must of answered correctly by now!


just because a topic has a few answers its not necacarily sorted it could be 5 " dont knows"
 

Most reactions

Back
Top