'lets All Attempt To Make Mamma Like Fish' Journal!

well i had eheims and i love them, i have an aquaball on the tank ATM and had a 2213 on it a few months ago, but ive been hearing good things about tt, so might aswell!
Yeah I bought mine as a few members on here rave about them... I now understand why!!!

Jay

:D Fancy that... :lol:
lol It really is fantastic mate, I am now one of those members who rave about them!

Jay

Glad to have another one on board.

Also, SBS did make the LED rig i believe and uses it... sometimes :lol:

sooooooooooooooooooo, i now have 100 litres of apple juice if anyone wants any?

didnt realise the release of tannins would be quite so speedy!!

yeah cant see a thing, however my gouramis are in super love mode, the males have gone blackon their throats and bellies and the females have drk brown stripes along the bellies horizontally!

wooo wish i could breed the things!

Errrrrrm, right ok so im thinking I want to start dosing, but ive no idea what anything is.

Just seen Steve's new journal and it said ferts - TPN+, C02 Excel(maybe flourish i cant remember!)

If I did want to start dosing, what would be the best method?

Glad to have another one on board.

Also, SBS did make the LED rig i believe and uses it... sometimes :lol:
That be I

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, all you need is a soldering iron and basic skills, otherwise get someone who has experience with a soldering iron to do it. The high power LED's are cheap and so are the PSU's and controllers/wiring etc. I did mine for under £30 the whole unit is too powerful for me to use though, that was 6 LED's over a 60 litre, ideally I'd only need 2-3 for a low-mid tech set up, you could always raise the height of the rig though.

Got you some rubbish pictures, just so you have an idea what it looks like :)

Sneaky fishey
090.jpg

FATTY fishey
102.jpg

Baby boy Praecox - please excuse the mass of thread, it will be stuffed with moss at some time in the near future.
115.jpg

Rubbishey FTS
128.jpg

bit better
135.jpg

Thoughts?

Will try and get some more tomorrow now ive done a wc and cleaned the glass a lil bit :)

Cant wait to get back to having an external filter and heater, so much better!!

Very nice indeed Hannah. This is going to an excellent scape when finished. I can see a carpet of some kind around the wood to create like a little skirt.

Beautiful much! :D Well done!!

Noooooo no only when i get lights do i want to start dosing, im not THAT silly :p

Wood is 3 separate pieces, excuse the random stones, it wouldnt sink!

Yes i want the 'Lilaeopsis novea-zealandiae' or 'Eleocharis acicularis' because i want a grassy sort of look :) the right hand side will be a low lying plant with groupings of a midground plant around the wood, so it looks like a mountain going on to a plain :)

I'm quite happy with the placement of the wood, they just seemed to fit together, quite pleased to say id not seen them properly when i bought them!!
didnt have chance to do another wc and so get m more pics today, so will get some more up in the coming week :)

Does anyone know if the T5 light unit in the classifieds atm would be any good for me? Or would that be too high even with one bulb?

Does anyone know if the T5 light unit in the classifieds atm would be any good for me? Or would that be too high even with one bulb?
Sorry to bust your bubble hun, but that thread is OLD, and the OP hasn't been active in almost 2 years.

It's on my to do list to go through the equipment classifieds and move over anything plant related, but it's not top of the list and will take me some time when I do get around to it.

Sorry x

ohno!:(

ah well never mind, back to homemade LED's :)

Most reactions

Back