'lets All Attempt To Make Mamma Like Fish' Journal!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ooh thankyou :)

somethings not right :(

ive been getting an oily film on top of the tank, and it has surface tension so must be oil - but i read on here that wood releases oils so i ignored it and just upped waterchanges.

however now two cories are very lethargic, and the gourami aswell.

i dont know how to test for ammonia now either because of the amount of tannins in the water :/ can anyone help?

So, i bought a QT tank for the first cory, but by the time i got home, that one was dead, and another was doing acrobatics.

So I set it up and popped in the second one, seems to be ok.

Treated both tanks for swimbladder because Mr Angrypants doesnt look too sharp and fingers crossed its ok.

Still need help with testing water!!

Also, should i go back to p@h and ask for a replacement or should I not bother?

so 2nd cory died.

the rest of them (touch wood) seem okay.

what should i do re treatment? should i cary out the full course or should i leave it?

either way the new shrimp ill be getting on tuesday will be going in a QT for a couple of weeks just until everyones stopped dying.

Also going to book a couple of days off and sort this tank out, going to buy some wood and stuff and make a stand (or buy one), paint the sides, back and bottom, and put cat litter under the sand :)

So, went to the Abyss in Stockport today. Nightmare to find but absolutely wonderul inside!!

Got 10 Black Neons for about £13 :):)

#
So, 2 weeks after i bought bronze cories, my other lfs gets in about a million harbrosus. ARGH!

Not much really going on with this tank, apart from i now have about three more shrimp. Bought 40 from realtrtee, 50% were eaten as soon as they came out of the bag (cheeky neons) and when i looked this morning i couldntsee any so i assume the gourami clocked on!

#
So, 2 weeks after i bought bronze cories, my other lfs gets in about a million harbrosus. ARGH!
Oh no! Sod's law that!

Not much really going on with this tank, apart from i now have about three more shrimp. Bought 40 from realtrtee, 50% were eaten as soon as they came out of the bag (cheeky neons) and when i looked this morning i couldntsee any so i assume the gourami clocked on!
shrimp and gouramis don't end well :(

I know i was walking round and there was three tanks, full of them, at £2.99 :(

They had some ridiculous prices though. £5.49 for a 'fire shrimp' - aka a red cherry, £100 for a wolffish, 2 black laser cories for £50 (whatever they are), oh and adolfi cories for £18.50.

Hmph.

I wish some of my lfs sold habrosus for £2.99 each! Not that it'd help me now like... can't put em upstairs and they's too small for my big tank. Can you not be extremely disloyal and take the bronzes back to swap for habrosus?

I got the bronzes from P@H so might just take everything that i dont want (eg gourami, cories and praecox) and swapping for harbrosus....

OOH decisions.

Forgot to mention aswell, am getting rid of the praecox because theyve become increasingly aggressive, called them Terrible Twins. They push the gourami around, rip the java fern up and attack the cories.

It's probably because theyre in a too small a group but when the cheapest youve found them is 2 for £15 and youre a poor person saving for a house thats just too much.

Hi Hannah! Have you tried getting the praecox through an aquarium society? They often have auctions during their monthly meetings or you could try a member directly. Apart from the fact that fish are generally much cheaper, you also get better quality and healthy fish.

Tried and failed, google history contains many different varitioons of 'praecox for sale' haha, its mainly hindered by the fact i dont drive :/

Most reactions

Back