Lazy Cory?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kthe5

Reaction score
Hello folks

I have a Jewel 180 tank with 2 peppered corys, 2 clown loaches, 1 small common plec and a clown plec.

Today one of the corys seems a bit off - he's just sitting around doing nothing. Up until now both of them have been buzzing around, always looking for food. Now one of them just sits on the bottom, or on a rock not doing anything, except to go up for a gulp of air. Is this normal behavour or is he being lazy?

The other one is as lively as ever, and the clowns are up to their usual tricks.

Ammonia and nitrites are zero.

Thanks
Keith

How long have you had them? What is the tempature of the tank and the nitrAte level?

Peppered cories are not suitable for high tempatures. I have mine in a coldwater for some time as they are best suited to tempatures betweek 15-25C/59-77F. Also, cories should be kept in a group of at least 3, more in a bigger tank.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just checked the temp - it's 80 !!!!!! Obviously too high, I've turned the heater down a couple of notches. I'm not sure why it was this high, it was 74 last week.

I've had them about 4 weeks, and I'm going to get one or two more. I wan't to make sure this guy is OK first.

Keith

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back